How to Install Custom Recovery and Root Lenovo K3 Note
Install Custom Recovery and Root Lenovo K3 Note: Custom recovery is a custom version of stock recovery which is used to flash custom ROMs. It is highly popular and is one of the most preferred methods used while rooting or installing custom ROMs.
If you are a user of Lenovo K3 Note, then there is incredibly good news for you. You have the opportunity to easily root your device by installing Custom. All that is needed is unlocking the bootloader of your device which will grant you the root access on your phone with the assistance of Custom recovery.
The whole process is fairly simple and can be completed within 10-15 min. We have already mentioned that one of the most preferred uses of Custom recovery is that you can use it to flash custom ROMs on your device with the help of stock recovery. So let us see How to Install Custom Recovery and Root Lenovo K3 Note.
- This guide only for Lenovo K3 Note.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Remember to take a backup of your files before beginning to install Custom and root your device.
- Your device must have more than battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
Steps to Install Custom Recovery and Root Lenovo K3 Note
Install Custom Recovery
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download Lenovo K3 Note Custom recovery .img.
- Move downloaded Custom .img file to ADB folder (In C: Drive) and rename the file to “Custom”.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to ADB folder (In C: Drive) and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Execute the following command to confirm your device is connected. If your device is successfully connected it will return device serial number. If not, then check your drivers are installed or not
Windows: fastboot devices
Mac: ./fastboot devices
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader
Windows: adb reboot bootloader
Mac: ./adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now to flash recovery image on the device type the following command.
Windows: fastboot flash recovery Custom.img
Mac: ./fastboot flash recovery Custom.img
- To Bypass device encryption you have to format user data.
Windows: fastboot format userdata
Mac: ./fastboot format userdata
That’s all! You have rooted your Lenovo K3 Note using Custom recovery. It can be checked by long pressing “Volume down + Power” buttons until your device boots into recovery mode.
Hope you have installed Custom Recovery and Root Lenovo K3 Note. Let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.