Install TWRP Recovery and Root ZTE Axon 7: ZTE Axon 7 is the budget-friendly smartphone with a sleek design, powerful specifications which perform like a top-tier Android smartphone. ZTE Axon 7 is packed with a 5.5-inch qhd AMOLED Corning Gorilla Glass Scratch Resistant display with the resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels at 538 PPI.
TWRP recovery is a custom version of stock recovery which is used to flash custom ROMs. It is highly popular and is one of the most preferred methods used while rooting or installing custom ROMs.
If you are a user of ZTE Axon 7, then there is incredibly good news for you. You have the opportunity to easily root your device by installing TWRP. All that is needed is unlocking the bootloader of your device which will grant you the root access on your phone with the assistance of TWRP recovery.
The whole process is fairly simple and can be completed within 10-15 min. We have already mentioned that one of the most preferred uses of TWRP recovery is that you can use it to flash custom ROMs on your device with the help of stock recovery. So let us see How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root ZTE Axon 7.
- This guide only for ZTE Axon 7.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Remember to take a backup of your files before beginning to install TWRP and root your device.
- Your device must have more than battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root ZTE Axon 7
Install TWRP Recovery
- First Unlock Bootloader of ZTE Axon 7.
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download ZTE Axon 7 TWRP recovery.
- Move the downloaded TWRP file to ADB folder and rename the file to “TWRP”.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to the folder you created in Step 3 and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Execute the following command to confirm your device is connected. If your device is successfully connected it will return device serial number. If not, then check your drivers are installed or not.
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now to flash recovery image on the device type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
That’s all! You have installed TWRP recovery. It can be checked by long pressing “Volume down + Power” buttons until your device boots into recovery mode.
Root ZTE Axon 7 via TWRP Recovery
- Download SuperSU from above link and save the downloaded zip file into your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the SuperSU zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the SuperSU zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- After flashing SuperSU, reboot your device from the main menu.
Hope you have installed TWRP Recovery and Root ZTE Axon 7. Let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.