LG G7 ThinQ was launched in May 2018 with Android Oreo pre-installed. However, Android Pie is still running on the device. From mid-February 2020, the LG G7 ThinQ Android 10 update beta testing started, but a stable update was most awaited.
LG is now rolling out stable Android 10 updates for LG V50S ThinQ and LG G7 ThinQ devices in Korea. An update on the official LG Korea page confirms that LG G7 ThinQ Android 10 update is now available for all the carriers in the country. Last month, LG G7 ThinQ received April 2020 Android security patch update.
LG G7 ThinQ Android 10 update came up with a G710N30d/G710NO30d software version, whereas the LG V50S ThinQ Android 10 update came up with a software version V510N20e/V510NO20e.
LG V50s ThinQ & LG G7 ThinQ Android 10 Changelog
The combined changelog for both LG V50s ThinQ and LG G7 ThinQ Android 10 include
- Android 10 OS has been applied.
- A pop-up window function has been added.
- A night mode function has been added, and this is only for G7 ThinQ
- Gesture style has been added to the navigation bar.
- Shortcut behavior of accessibility shortcut settings has been changed.
- The hotkey behavior of the touch area control setting has been changed.
- A screen recording function has been added. (G7 ThinQ Only)
- Added the setting when folded behind the dual-screen.
You can also find an exclusive LG software upgrade page for LG V50s ThinQ Android 10 update. Hope LG is not far off from bringing stable Android 10 updates for global variants in other regions too.
If you are eagerly waiting for the Android 11 update, check here to look out whether your LG device receives an Android 11 update.