In this present pandemic outbreak of the COVID-19 situation, Xiaomi seems to be very enthusiastic about releasing the updates for its Mi Box S. This Android TV box is receiving updates back to back.
To recall, the earlier release of stable Android 9 update for Mi Box S was a disaster, and Xiaomi started to roll out OTA 2 beta updates. Its been just two days that this Chinese OEM released OTA2 Beta 3 update for Mi Box S. The last update of this device arrived with a build number R2603, which is 655 MB in size with CEC not working bug fixed.
Now, Xiaomi is rolling out a stable Android 9 Pie update to its Mi Box S device. The latest update for those who have updated their devices with OTA2 Beta versions as well as for those who are coming from Oreo. A screenshot of the newest update has been shared on Reddit, and the update seems to come with a different build number R2604, weighing about 654 MB.
Changelog For Mi Box S Stable Android 9 Update
– Upgrade your Android system to 9.0
– Fixed Chromecast not working issue
– Fixes special H264 decode error
– Fixes issue with playback freezing in some apps
– Fixes issue with Bluetooth audio not syncing with video
– Fixes HDMI compatibility issue
– Fixes issue with Gboard not working when connecting an external keyboard.
– Fixes pop sound when STB is in standby mode
As usual, the update is airborne and would be arriving on Mi Box S via OTA in batches. So, it will take some time to hit all the devices unless there are bugs in the update.
The download links for this latest update is not available as of now. But we would try to provide you the download links for this update as soon as possible. So, stay connected!