OnePlus is rolling out the latest OTA OxygenOS 5.1.7 update for its OnePlus 6, first to offer strictly bug fixes and security enhancements. Which is largely focused on repairing the bootloader security issue which was highlighted a couple of days back. There aren’t a lot of major changes in this one as much as function and features are involved, with the largest change being a fix for the bootloader security issue. This update is ignored on Indian units, as many users have reported issues OxygenOS 5.1.6.
OxygenOS 5.1.7 Changelog:
- Fixed schedule setting issue for Do Not Disturb (DND) mode
- Updated bootloader for system security enhancement
- General bug fixes and improvements
The OnePlus has announced that because of a problem with the previous update (OxygenOS 5.1.6) in India, they are going to receive OxygenOS 5.1.8 next week, that contains everything in OxygenOS 5.1.6, OxygenOS 5.1.7, and a bugfix for what was causing the instability problems. Users looking to install this update can set up a VPN and connect to Germany, as that is only one of the areas to get OnePlus updates first. You’ll have to wait for the rollout to achieve your OnePlus 6. Or you can manually download and install OxygenOS 5.1.7 on OnePlus 6.
- OxygenOS 5.1.7 OTA – Download (OxygenOS 5.1.6 to OxygenOS 5.1.7)
- OxygenOS 5.1.7 OTA – Download (OxygenOS 5.1.5 to OxygenOS 5.1.7)
- OxygenOS 5.1.7 Full ROM – Download
Aside from the major fix, the update also brings a fix for an issue for scheduling Do Not Disturb mode on the phone, together with general bug fixes and improvements.