Oppo A5 2020 and Oppo A9 2020 ColorOS 7 based on Android 10 beta update is live now. The Chinese OEM keeps its users updated about their devices on a monthly and quarterly basis. The company promised to deliver the Oppo A5 2020 and Oppo A9 2020 ColorOS 7 based on the Android 10 update in Q2 of 2020. But now, it doesn’t see that the stable update would come in Q2 since we are almost at its end, and the devices have just received a beta update.
Recently some of the Oppo devices received a stable ColorOS 7 update. The smartphones that already received the stable update include Oppo Reno Z, Oppo Reno 2F, Oppo F11, Oppo R17, Oppo K3, and Oppo F11 Pro with some new features like live wallpapers, navigation gestures 3.0, and a new User Interface.
ColorOS 7 based on Android 10, holds some cool enhancements and new features for the Oppo devices that run on this latest version. That is the reason why the users of this Chinese OEM are quite excited to experience Android 10 on their devices.
Recently, Oppo released the OEM’s roadmap of ColorOS 7 for the third quarter of 2020, including May and June months in the roadmap, where it was mentioned that Oppo A5 2020 & Oppo A9 2020 ColorOS 7 based on Android 10 would get a stable update in July and August.
Earlier, the company announced that a beta update would roll out for A5 2020 on May 22 and for Oppo A9 2020 ColorOS 7 on May 28. But again, it has announced via its Twitter handle that both the devices would get on May 22, 2020.
Oppo A5 2020 and Oppo A9 2020 ColorOS 7 based on Android 10 beta update is now live for the 5,000 registered first batch users. The update has come up with a build number CPH1931EX_11.C.60.
Oppo A5 2020 & Oppo A9 2020 ColorOS 7 Android 10 Changelog
The changelog for the A5 2020 and Oppo A9 2020 ColorOS 7 include:
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. A new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with Oppo’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology
- The brand new borderless design will make visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- To open it in Split-screen mode, drag an app out of Smart Sidebar.
- Optimized user interfaces and improved one-handed operation
- Added two new settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Added a new bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Click on the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimized a Floating Window feature for more apps
Navigation Gestures 3.0
- Optimized gestures: All the gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- New gesture: Swipe inward from both the sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimized a screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, you can drag it up and release it to share or drag it down and release it to make a long screenshot.
- Add screenshot settings: You can now adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and then set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot: Use your three fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size further. Use your three fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added Focus Mode: It shields you from outside distractions when you are working or learning
- Added Dark Mode: It protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
- Added all new charging animation.
- Swipe right or left to ignore banner notifications.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for smoother one-handed operation.
- Added a pause function for the screen recording.
- New sounds are added for calculator key touches, file deletion, and compass pointer.
- Added a floating window and settings for the screen recording.
- Optimized System pre-loaded ringtones.
- Colour Accessibility Mode now added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- New management functions for recent tasks: You can view memory information about the recent tasks and lock apps.
- Optimized the startup animation for Game Space
- Optimized visual interaction for Game Space
- Added Art+ static wallpapers
- More live wallpapers.
- Customize whether to open the Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Swipe up the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Customize the shape, size, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Optimized the graphic design of the password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen
- Added a simple Home screen mode, which features larger fonts and icons and a more precise layout.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- In the Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone that automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in the weather.
- Connect your phone to the Wi-Fi network using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound
- Optimized Camera UI for a better user experience
- Added the Album Recommendations that recognizes more than 80 different scenes.
- Optimized Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos
- Optimized Contacts UI for a more efficient experience
- OPPO Share is now supporting sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Search Settings will now support a fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Added DocVault, an app for easier management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India)
- Soloop Video Editor: Create a video with a single tap.
If you want to upgrade your Oppo A5 2020 and Oppo A9 2020 ColorOS 7 beta update, head to “Settings > Software Updates,” click the settings icon on the upper right corner, further tap on the “Trial Version,” fill the information, select the must-know checkbox, and tap “Apply Now.”
Leave a Reply