Unlock Bootloader of Any Sony Xperia Device
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on your device. This code initiates some hardware and the kernel and ramdisk and gets the boot procedure going. So this procedure is known as Bootloader. A similar method applies to all the Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such gadget. Each Android OEM producers bolt the bootloader despite the fact that it is an Open Source. So, you cannot install any custom ROM without unlocking the bootloader. So the smartphone manufacturer created a policy that Unlocked Bootloader device will void the warranty. They need you to stay with the Stock ROM.
Many users like to customise their phone to make it more interesting. Almost all the Huawei devices come with bootloader locked, so if you want to install any custom ROM or custom recovery you need to Unlock Bootloader of Any Sony Xperia Device.
If you consider the fact that this device is relatively new, you can get the idea of how much time will be needed by the developers to craft new ROMs for this device. However, you can still unlock your device and then try to root it. Unlocking the bootloader of your device is the first step towards successfully rooting a device. It allows you to customise the functions, debloat the device and gain more control of your device. Unlock Bootloader of Any Sony Xperia Device.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Unlocking Bootloader may wipe your data. Better take the full backup.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
[su_button url=”https://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/” target=”blank” background=”#DD0000″ size=”7″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: download”] Sony USB Drivers[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790″ target=”blank” background=”#DD0000″ size=”7″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: download”]Minimal ADB and Fastboot[/su_button]
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Any Sony Xperia Device
- First, Check if your device is allowed unlock bootloader or not. To check that, follow the steps below.
- In your Xperia device, open the phone dialer and enter the *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
- Click on Service info –> Configuration –> Rooting Status. If Unlocking Bootloader is allowed it shows “Yes,” then you can proceed with the steps below. If it shows “No,” Bootloader cannot be unlocked on your device.
- Download and install Sony USB drivers and Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Open the browser and visit the official website. Check your device is listed or not.
- Now select the device that you want to unlock bootloader and click continue.
- Now, enter your email-id and click continue.
- Check your email address for the confirmation email. Click on the link in the email to confirm.
- In your Xperia device, Open the phone dialer and enter the *#06# for IMEI number and enter the IMEI number on Sony the website, Click Submit.
- Now Unlock Code will be given.
- In your Xperia device, Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Switch off your device and Connect your device to PC using USB cable while pressing the Power button or Volume Up key on your Xperia Device.
- Now open the ADB folder in your PC, C: Drive. and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Execute the following commands to unlock the bootloader.
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY
Note: Replace the KEY with Unlock key you got from Sony website.
Your Xperia Device Bootloader is successfully unlocked now.
Hope you found this guide helpful. If you have any doubts comment down below.