Android 9.0 Pie on Moto Z Play [XPerience]
Android 9.0 Pie for Moto Z Play is now available via custom ROM. The TeamMex XDA senior member for XPerience ROM based on Android 9.0 Oreo builds. In this article, we will guide you how to install Android 9.0 Pie on Moto Z Play.
Moto Z Play is the replacement to the Moto X Play, with the snap-on modules. It comes with 5.5-inch super AMOLED display, with fingerprint sensor below the screen. The Moto Z Play uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Soc along with 3GB of RAM. The Moto Z Play features 16-megapixel primary camera, 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The Moto Z Play comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box which can be upgradable to Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
Android 9.0 PIE is currently available only for Google device users. Developers do require time to roll out the Android Pie update for all the other android phones. XPerience (Android 9.0 Pie) lets the users of the Android phone enjoy and experience Android 9.0 Pie until it is made available on air. Besides, XPerience based on Android 9.0 Pie comes with additional functionalities that make it unique. Check the below guide to install Android 9.0 Pie on Moto Z Play.
- Backup your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
- Unlock Bootloader of Moto Z Play
- How To Unlock Bootloader of Moto Z Play
- Install TWRP Recovery on Moto Z Play
- How To Install TWRP Recovery on Moto Z Play
- sepolicy permissive
- IMS untested
Steps to install Android 9.0 Pie on Moto Z Play [XPerience]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie ROM and Android 9.0 Pie GApps for Moto Z Play and Transfer both files to your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Backup your device via nandroid backup (Follow the guide in the link below)
- How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Follow the below guide to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto Z Play
- Install XPerience on Moto Z Play
- After Flashing the ROM, flash the GApps
- Install Android 9.0 Pie GApps on Moto Z Play
Android 9.0 Pie as whole thereby, is complete package and even more. It provides the users to enjoy the features of Android 9.0 Pie. The best part is, it has additional features besides the ones similar to that of Android 9.0 Pie. So, install and enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie on Moto Z Play.
Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on Android 9.0 Pie on Moto Z Play [XPerience].