Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto Z Play [XPerience]
Android 8.1 Oreo for Moto Z Play is now available via custom ROM. The TeamMex XDA senior member for XPerience ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo builds. In this article, we will guide you how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto Z Play.
Moto Z Play is the replacement to the Moto X Play, with the snap-on modules. It comes with 5.5-inch super AMOLED display, with fingerprint sensor below the screen. The Moto Z Play uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Soc along with 3GB of RAM. The Moto Z Play features 16-megapixel primary camera, 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The Moto Z Play comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box which can be upgradable to Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
Android 8.1 Oreo is currently available only for Google device users. Developers do require time to roll out the Android Oreo update for all the other android phones. XPerience (Android 8.1 Oreo) lets the users of the Android phone enjoy and experience Android 8.1 Oreo until it is made available on air. Besides, XPerience based on Android 8.1 Oreo comes with additional functionalities that make it unique. Check the below guide to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto Z Play.
- Backup your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
- Unlock Bootloader of Moto Z Play
- Install TWRP Recovery on Moto Z Play
- sepolicy permissive
- IMS untested
Steps to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto Z Play [XPerience]
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo ROM and Android 8.1 Oreo GApps for Moto Z Play and Transfer both files to your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Backup your device via nandroid backup (Follow the guide in the link below)
- Follow the below guide to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto Z Play
- After Flashing the ROM, flash the GApps
Android 8.1 Oreo as whole thereby, is complete package and even more. It provides the users to enjoy the features of Android 8.1 Oreo. The best part is, it has additional features besides the ones similar to that of Android 8.1 Oreo. So, install and enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto Z Play.
Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto Z Play [XPerience].