Downalod and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel and Nexus Devices [DP2]
Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel and Nexus Devices: just launched the Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL, Google has also announced the developer preview 2 of Android 8.1 Oreo, which comes with improvements and bug fixes over the initial release of Android 8.0 Oreo. Some of these changes may come with DNS over TLS support, Google Cast notification fixes, IPPS-only printers and more. Amongst these changes, we can see that, Google has included support for lower RAM device improvements, Neural Networks API for machine learning and some other changes too.
The History of the Android OS changed, the day that Google bought out Android Inc. in 2005. Ever Since Android OS has been synonymous with the pinnacle of mobile technology throughout the world. The very first Android OS name was Cupcake 1.5 followed by Donut, Éclair and so on until the latest one, the Android 8.1 Oreo. The tendency for the company to name the OS after food products have always been a matter of interest to people the world over. It also moves in accordance with the alphabetical order of the English alphabet.
This article aims at guiding users through the process of installing Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel and Nexus devices with the least amount of effort. Walk through the below Step by step guide on installing Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel and Nexus Devices.
- This guide is only for Google Pixel and Nexus devices.
- Back your device data.
- Install USB Drivers.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel and Nexus Devices
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download Android 8.1 Oreo ZIP file.
- Move downloaded ZIP file to ADB folder. (C:\adb)
- Extract the Zip file in ADB folder.
- Now reboot your device into Bootloader Mode. (To do that Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons)
- Connect your device to PC.
- In ADB folder, press “Shift + Right mouse key” and click on “Open command window here.”
- To ensure your device is connected properly, execute the below command.
- Execute the following command to Unlock bootloader.
fastboot flashing unlock If above command won't work try this command fastboot oem unlock
- Now, Execute the following command to flash the firmware.
Windows: flash-all.bat Linux: flash-all.sh On Mac: flash-all.sh
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- Your device will automatically reboot to latest Android 8.1 Oreo.
All those tech enthusiasts who need their daily fix of tech can use this as a guide to successfully install the latest offering of Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel and Nexus Devices successfully. But if you an average user just curious about the Android 8.1 Oreo release and are not completely confident of installing this OS should just wait for the Over-the-Air (OTA) update which is the easiest and most fun way to download the OS onto your phone! (But OTA may take couple of months to reach all corners of the world)