Asus flagship device Asus 5z was released in June of 2018 it was launched in India and bagged the most affordable flagship of the year, Asus Zenfone 5z was shipped with Android 8.0 Oreo and has been updated to Android 10, And if you want to install Vanilla on this flagship device and LineageOS is just perfect with all the bells of Pixel like features being brought down to LineageOS it is just perfect to install LineageOS 17 based on Android 10 on Asus Zenfone 5z.
Android Q is official and is named Android 10 and official source code is available at Github.
Android 10 Google’s 10th version of Android update brings a lot of bells and whistles with a new overhaul on the security and permissions, Thanks to LineageOS team now we can Install Lineage OS 17 for the surprise which is stable enough to run as a daily driver.
Installing LineageOS 17 on Asus Zenfone 5z
This is a step by step guide on how to install LineageOS 17 based on Android 10 on Asus Zenfone 5z.
To install Lineage OS 17 on your Asus Zenfone 5z, you need to unlock bootloader and running the latest TWRP Recovery.
*If you run into “Error 7” which means the TWRP isn’t the latest one, install the latest TWRP available.
Features on Android 10
New features like native dark mode support, Call recording, Native Screen Recording, New System Gestures, Enhanced Core app permissions more security features native to Android 10.
Android 10 also offers In-call screening, Multi-camera API, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. With this upgrade, which improves Battery Life, Focus Mode, etc.
LineageOS 17: Android 10 Build
With LineageOS 17 most of the Android 10 features which are available will trickle down to the Asus 5z with this update you can enjoy all features from Android 10.
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17 for Asus Zenfone 5z, which may have some bugs, so make sure you have a proper backup of your data.
- This support of LineageOS 17 will only Support Asus Zenfone 5z.
- You need to have an Unlocked Bootloader.
- You need to have a Custom recovery installed like TWRP.
- Download the required files in the download section below.
- Keep your battery charged at least 80% before you proceed.
- Before you install LineageOS, make sure you have a proper backup of your stock ROM and all your data.
Installing Lineage OS 17
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the GApps file and ROM (LineageOS) zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Turn off your device.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Now Press and hold both the Power and Volume Down buttons
- When you see the screen with the Asus logo.
- Then Recovery Mode pops up let go of the Volume Up button.
- Your Asus Zenfone 5z into recovery mode.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe.
- Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Then go back, Tap on Install.
- Find the OS file.
- Flash the ROM zip file.
- The system will be mounted.
- Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually.
- Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Done, Now you are running LineageOS 17 based on Android 10 on Asus Zenfone 5z.