Moto E2 (Surnia) was released in February of 2015 and this device was released to the low tier market which Motorola never really cared about and this phone came under 100$ or 5999 rupees and Motorola offered for what it was priced it had a great performance for the Snapdragon 200 SOC and was shipped with Android 5.1 and was upgraded till Marshmallow (6.1) and this custom ROM LineageOS 17 will Upgrade the phone to the latest Android which is Android 10.
Android Q is official and is named Android 10 and official source code is available at Github.
Android 10 Google’s 10th version of Android update brings a lot of bells and whistles with a new overhaul on the security and permissions, Thanks to LineageOS team now we can Install Lineage OS 17 for the surprise which is stable enough to run as a daily driver.
Installing LineageOS 17 on Moto E2
This is a step by step guide on how to install LineageOS 17 based on Android 10 on Moto E2.
To install Lineage OS 17 on your Moto E2 you need to unlock bootloader and running the latest TWRP Recovery.
*If you run into “Error 7” which means the TWRP isn’t the latest one, install the latest TWRP available.
Features on Android 10
New features like native dark mode support, Call recording, Native Screen Recording, New System Gestures, Enhanced Core app permissions more security features native to Android 10.
Android 10 also offers In-call screening, Multi-camera API, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. With this upgrade which improves Battery Life, Focus Mode, etc.
LineageOS 17: Android 10 Build
With LineageOS 17 most of the Android 10 features which are available will trickle down to the Moto E2 with this update you can enjoy all features from Android 10.
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17 for Moto E2 which may have some bugs or may not boot at all, So make sure you have a proper backup of your data.
- This support of LineageOS 17 will only Support Moto E2.
- You need to have an Unlocked Bootloader.
- You need to have a Custom recovery installed like TWRP.
- Download the required files in the download section below.
- Keep your battery charged at least 80% before you proceed.
- Before you install LineageOS make sure you have a proper backup of your stock ROM and all your data.
Installing LineageOS 17
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the GApps file, and ROM (LineageOS) zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Moto E2 into recovery mode.
- Turn off your device.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Now Press and hold both the Power and Volume Down buttons.
- When you see the screen with the Motorola logo, release the button.
- Then you will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe.
- Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Then go back, Tap on Install.
- Find the OS file.
- Flash the ROM zip file.
- The system will be mounted.
- Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually.
- Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Done, Now you are running LineageOS 17 based on Android 10 on Moto E2.