LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus One
In this article, we will guide you how to install LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus One based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
LineageOS is a custom Android ROM. As its name suggests Lineage OS is here carry forward the legacy left behind by the popularly used Android ROM- CyanogenMod. Lineage OS has its base and foundation upon the last update of CyanogenMod. Lineage OS has been successful so far and has become the most popular ROM of 2017 considering most of the Android Phones. The unique features of it are the prime reason for it being a massive hit.
LineageOS started mainly due to the shutdown of CyanogenMod. CyanogenMod is community-run open source ROM. It managed and distributed by the Cyanogen Inc. It worked towards solving issues related to carrier bloat and garbage skins from manufacturers. However, certain issues and differences among the management within CyanogenMod Inc have to lead to the cessation of the services of CyanogenMod.
Most of the members who worked on the CyanogenMod announced that they will be working on creating a new fork of CyanogenMod called LineageOS. Thereafter, LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016. The team working on LineageOS is currently engaged in bringing on air LineageOS 15.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo, for all the Android users.
Android 8.1 Oreo is currently available only for Google Nexus and Pixel Phone users. Developers do require time to roll out the Android Oreo update for all the other android phones. LineageOS 15.1 lets the users of the Android phone enjoy and experience Android 8.1 Oreo until it is made available on air. Besides, LineageOS 15.1 comes with additional functionalities that make it unique. Check the below guide to install LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus One.
- Backup your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
- Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus One
- Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus One
OnePlus One Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM:
- December Security Patch
- Network Traffic Indicator
- Brightness slider toggle
- Auto Brightness toggle
- Brightness control by sliding across the status bar
- Quick Settings pull down with one finger
- Extended Restart (long press on restart for advanced reboot)
- Pixel 2XL 8.1 sounds
- Substratum Support
- Battery and notification Lights Settings
- Increased in-call volume and media volume steps
- Added Multirom Support
- Some QS Tiles
- Fixed V4A compatibility
- Added theme related changes and Major updates to policy
- Other features from last 8.0 BETA
Steps to install LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus One
- Download LineageOS 15.1 ROM and LineageOS 15.1 GApps for OnePlus One and Transfer both files to your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Backup your device via nandroid backup (Follow the guide in the link below)
- Follow the below guide to install LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus One
- After Flashing the ROM, flash the GApps
LineageOS 15.1 as whole thereby, is complete package and even more. It provides the users to enjoy the features of Android 8.1 Oreo. The best part is, it has additional features besides the ones similar to that of Android 8.1 Oreo. So, install and enjoy the LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus One.