LineageOS 15 on Android: LineageOS is a custom Android ROM. As its name suggests Lineage OS is here carry forward the legacy left behind by the popularly used Android ROM- CyanogenMod. Lineage OS has its base and foundation upon the last update of CyanogenMod. Lineage OS has been successful so far and has become the most popular ROM of 2017 considering most of the Android Phones. The unique features of it are the prime reason for it being a massive hit.
LineageOS started mainly due to the shutdown of CyanogenMod. CyanogenMod is community-run open source ROM. It managed and distributed by the Cyanogen Inc. It worked towards solving issues related to carrier bloat and garbage skins from manufacturers. However, certain issues and differences among the management within the CyanogenMod Inc have to lead to the cessation of the services of CyanogenMod.
Most of the members who worked on the CyanogenMod announced that they will be working on creating a new fork of CyanogenMod called LineageOS. Thereafter, Lineage OS was officially launched on December 24, 2016. The team working on LineageOS is currently engaged in bringing on air LineageOS 15 based on Android Oreo, for all the Android users.
Android Oreo is currently available only for Google Nexus and Pixel Phone users. Developers do require time to roll out the Android Oreo update for all the other android phones. LineageOS 15 lets the users of the Android phone enjoy and experience Android Oreo until it is made available on air. Besides, LineageOS 15 comes with additional functionalities that make it unique. Check the below guide to install LineageOS 15 on Android.
Some of the most important and unique features of the lineageOS 15 on Android include:
- Customizable Theme Engine(Blend with Substrum)
- Improved battery life
- Picture in Picture Mode of Android Oreo
- New user interface in Settings
- Split Screen
- Notification Dots
- Notification Snoozing
- Android Oreo Navbar
- New UI in Status Bar and Quick Tiles
- New Emojis based on Android Oreo
- Backup your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
[su_button url=”https://clickitornot.com//?s=lineage” target=”blank” background=”#DD0000″ size=”7″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: download”]LineageOS 15 for Android[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://clickitornot.com/gapps-android/” target=”blank” background=”#DD0000″ size=”7″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: download”]GApps for LineageOS 15[/su_button]
Steps to Install LineageOS 15 on Android
- First Unlock your device bootloader and Install TWRP Recovery.
- Download LineageOS 15 ROM for your android device and Gapps from above link
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the LineageOS 15 zip file which you have saved in your device.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Now, Go back to TWRP main menu and repeat the same process to install GApps
- After flashing LineageOS 15 and Gapps, reboot your Android device from the main menu.
LineageOS 15 based on Android Oreo comes with various features which are discussed above.This time Google has done the fabulous job by working on small things to make it more simpler and easy.