LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s [Android 8.1 Oreo] [capricorn]
In this article, we will guide you on how to download and install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s. This is one of the best custom ROMs for Mi 5s. Thanks to LuK1337 XDA senior developer for LineageOS 15.1 builds for Mi 5s.
Xiaomi released Mi 5s in 2016, October, with 5.15 inches 1080 x 1920 pixels display. This device is loaded with Snapdragon 821 chipset, Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo) CPU, Adreno 530 GPU with 4GB of RAM. This device is packed with 13 MP primary camera, 4 MP front-facing camera with Non-removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery.
As we all know LineageOS is live now and CyanogenMod is officially shut down, and according to their official blog, it will be replaced by LineageOS. There will be no CyanogenMod ROM support for any device in the future, so Cm14.1, i.e., CyanogenMod 14/14.1 was the last CyanogenMod ROM. Therefore, here comes the LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s. Mi 5s custom ROM
The Senior member of XDA LuK1337 developed the LineageOS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5s. LineageOS 15.1 ROM is based on Android Nougat. This ROM includes some new Android 8.1 Oreo features with stability improvements and bug fixes. LineageOS 15.1 brings the new look with improved battery performance and many eye-catching features.
Follow the below systematic guide to install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s. To flash LineageOS 15.1, you need TWRP custom recovery installed on your device. As this an unofficial ROM, it may contain bugs and may not be usable as the daily driver. Follow the guide below to install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s.
- Follow the steps correctly, and at your own risk, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any problem or damage of your device.
- LineageOS 15.1 flash process will erase all data from the device, take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure your device has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Note: Do refer XDA links for more details and features
What’s working :
- Camera ( Videos And Photos )
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
Steps to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s | Android 8.1 Oreo
- Download LineageOS 15.1 and GApps for Xiaomi Mi 5s and Transfer both files to your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Backup your device via nandroid backup (Follow the guide in the link below).
- Follow the below guide to install LineageOS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5s.
- After Flashing the ROM, flash the GApps.
Comment down your feedback on LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s. (Android 8.1 Oreo).