How to Install TWRP Recovery
In this article, we will will guide you how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle. Follow the below step by step guide to install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle.
Huawei company released HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle in 2016, September, with 5.5 inches 1080 x 2160 pixels display. This device is loaded with Snapdragon 400 chipset, Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A7CPU, Adreno 305 GPU with 3GB of RAM. This device is packed with 13 MP primary camera, 5 MP front-facing camera with Non-removable Li-Ion 2700 mAh battery.
TWRP recovery is a custom version of stock recovery which is used to flash custom ROMs. It is highly popular and is one of the most preferred methods used while rooting or installing custom ROMs.
If you are a user of HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle, then there is incredibly good news for you. You have the opportunity to easily root your device by installing TWRP. All that is needed is unlocking the bootloader of your device which will grant you the root access on your phone with the assistance of TWRP recovery.
The whole process is fairly simple and can be completed within 10-15 min. We have already mentioned that one of the most preferred uses of TWRP recovery is that you can use it to flash custom ROMs on your device with the help of stock recovery. So let us see How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle.
- This guide only for HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Remember to take a backup of your files before beginning to install TWRP and root your device.
- Your device must have more than battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle
How to Install TWRP Recovery
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle TWRP recovery .img.
- Move downloaded TWRP .img file to ADB folder (In C: Drive) and rename the file to “TWRP”.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to ADB folder (In C: Drive) and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
└ Check your device’s screen, if it asks permission for “Allow USB debugging”, accept it by selecting OK or Yes.
- Execute the following command to confirm your device is connected. If your device is successfully connected it will return device serial number. If not, then check your drivers are installed or not
Windows: fastboot devices
Mac: ./fastboot devices
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader
Windows: adb reboot bootloader
Mac: ./adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now to flash recovery image on the device type the following command.
Windows: fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
Mac: ./fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- To Bypass device encryption you have to format user data.
Windows: fastboot format userdata
Mac: ./fastboot format userdata
That’s all! You have rooted your HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle using TWRP recovery. It can be checked by long pressing “Volume down + Power” buttons until your device boots into recovery mode.
Also learn: How to Root Moto G5 Plus
Root HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle via TWRP recovery
- Download SuperSU or Latest Magisk Zip from above link and save the downloaded zip file into your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the SuperSU or Magisk zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the magisk or SuperSU zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- After flashing magisk or SuperSU, reboot your device from the main menu.
So, we hope that you have understood How to install TWRP Recovery and have also learned rooting the HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle. Let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.