Unlocking Bootloader on any Vivo device is also said to be the bios of the Android Device. Bootloader checks for hardware initiation, kernel check, and ramdisk, which turns and gives permission to boot the Android Device. This Bootloader is similar to bios that is identical to any Gadgets right from Laptop to PCs and the gaming consoles these days. So, by unlocking the Bootloader, we can install Custom Kernel, Custom ROMs, Rooting your Android Device, Back up your Android device to the root directory, and many more. Unlocking bootloader might breach your security, and to tackle this, the smartphone manufacturers made it clear that if you unlock your device’s Bootloader, it may void your warranty.
Many users like to customize their phones to make it more fun and fabulous to use. Vivo devices come with a locked Bootloader, so if you want to install any custom ROM or custom recovery or Kernels, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Vivo devices.
In this article, you can unlock Bootloader on Vivo devices and root your Android device. If your device is new, it may take some time to create ROMs and create custom bootloaders for your device and kernels, which makes your device more efficient. It allows you to customize the functions, unbrick the device, and gain more control on your device.
- You should have a Laptop or PC to unlock Bootloader on Vivo device.
- Unlocking Bootloader may wipe your data. It is best to take a complete backup.
- Maintain at least 60-80% charge to prevent accidental shutdown.
- Download Vivo USB Drivers.
- Follow the guide carefully, or else it may lead to bricking of your device.
Vivo Fastboot Drivers: Download
How To Unlock Bootloader On Vivo Devices
- Download and extract the Vivo Fastboot tool on your laptop or PC.
- Go to Vivo fastboot folder and press “Shift + Right Mouse” and click on the open command window here.
- To reboot your Vivo device in bootloader mode by pressing power and vol – buttons simultaneously.
- For older phones, type in the below command
fastboot bbk unlock_vivo
For new Vivo phones follow the command provided below
fastboot bbk vivo_bsp unlock_vivo
- If You Want to lock it again then enter the following commandfastboot bbk lock_vivo
That’s all! You are done with the unlocking bootloader of the Vivo phone and you can get ahead with installing custom ROM on your device.
Note: This is an unofficial method, your device may get bricked.
- Download and Extract the BLUnlocker_v1.zip
- Download and Install QDLoader HS USB Driver for Qdloader 9008 mode.
- Now, press the volume up and down buttons at the same time and connect the USB while ypur are still holding the volume buttons.
- Download and Extract the firehose file from the stock firmware (Named ‘prog_emmc_firehose_****.mbn’) and paste it in the current directory.
- Check the port number of the Vivo device in the device manager.
- Double click on the ‘dump_devinfo.bat‘ file.
- Enter the port number of the device and press enter
- Using HxD Hex Editor edit the devinfo.img as shown in my video below.
- Double click ‘unlock.bat’
- Vivo X-Play 6
- Vivo Y53
- Vivo Y51L
- Vivo Y21L
- Vivo X9 (there are some problems)
- Vivo Y55
- Vivo X21 UD Plus (Below mtk method)
- Vivo V7 Plus
- Vivo Y65(IDK which method)
- Vivo Y85