Android Oreo on OnePlus 5 [LEAK]: Many of the OnePlus 5 users are upset that Android Oreo was released for OnePlus 3 and 3T but OnePlus 5 didn’t receive any update yet. Normally all smartphone companies mainly focus on the latest smartphone but not in OnePlus company. Anyhow, even oneplus 5 is receiving latest updates regularly. But now even OnePlus 5 owners can also join in on the club Android Oreo, thanks to a leaked build 24/7 Techie.
You should know that the closed beta builds are should not be installed as daily drivers. 24/7 Techie acknowledged that this build is not stable right now as it is the first OnePlus closed beta ROM. So, if are tempted to use Android Oreo on OnePlus 5 be aware. As it is the next big version after Android Nougat it is better to clean install (ie. factory reset before installation) instead of a dirty flash.
- This guide is only for OnePlus 5.
- Back your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
[box type=”info” align=”aligncenter” class=”” width=””]
[box type=”note” align=”aligncenter” class=”” width=””]Also Read: Install FreedomOS for OnePlus 5
Steps to Install Android Oreo on OnePlus 5
1. Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from Phone Settings –> Developer Options. (To enable Developer Settings –> Go to About phone in settings and tap 7 times on the Build Number)
2. Download the Zip from above.
3. Extract the downloaded .Zip file
4. Copy the Extracted files to the folder where ADB installed.
5. Restart the OnePlus 5 into recovery mode. (To do that First Switch off your phone, Now press and hold volume down button + power button.)
6. In recovery menu, choose “Install from USB,” tap on OK to confirm. You will see “You are in sideload mode” screen will be displayed.
7. Connect your OnePlus 5 to PC and Press Shift + Right click and in the select open the command window in adb folder.
“adb sideload <filename>”
“/adb sideload <filename>"
8. Wait until the installation process completes and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS.
1. Download OxygenOS Open file zip file from above link
2. Save it on your phone internal memory.
3. Restart the OnePlus 5 into recovery mode. (To do that First Switch off your phone, Now press and hold volume down button + power button until you see the stock recovery.)
4. Select ‘Apply Update’ and click on ‘Choose from Internal Storage.’
5. Now select ZIP file. (Which you have Downloaded and saved in step 1,2)
6. Now, wait until installation process completes and then reboot your device.
7. Now your OnePlus 5 will reboot into latest OxygenOS.
Let us know your feedback on Android Oreo on OnePlus 5 in the comment section below.