Poco F2 was supposed to launch as the successor of POCO X2, but instead, the company launched a mid-range smartphone Poco X2.
Poco F2 Pro is packed with a 6.67 inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display. Houses Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor and fueled with a massive Li-Po 4700 mAh battery with 30W fast charging. The device is shipped with up to 256 GB storage of UFS 3.1 and offers a maximum of 8 GB RAM. Furthermore, it includes a quad-camera setup with 64 MP primary camera and 20 MP pop-up selfie shooter.
So, an official build is available for the POCO X2 is now available through this guide You can download the TWRP Recovery On POCO X2, Installing TWRP will allow you to install custom ROMs, Kernels, do Nandroid backups and restore them, and also flash Magisk to root the device.
- This guide only for Xiaomi POCO X2.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
How To Unlock Bootloader of POCO X2
- Remember to take a backup of your files before beginning to install TWRP and root POCO X2.
- Your device must have more than a battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
TWRP Recovery zip for Xiaomi POCO X2 – Download
Latest Magisk Zip/APK – Download
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on POCO X2
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download POCO X2 TWRP recovery .img.
- Move downloaded TWRP .img file to ADB folder (In C: Drive) and rename the file to “TWRP”.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to the ADB folder (In C: Drive) and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on the “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
└ Check your device’s screen, if it asks permission for “Allow USB debugging”, accept it by selecting OK or Yes.
- Execute the following command to confirm your device is connected. If your device is successfully connected it will return device serial number. If not, then check your drivers are installed or not
Windows: fastboot devices
Mac: ./fastboot devices
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader
Windows: adb reboot bootloader
Mac: ./adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now to flash recovery image on the device type the following command.
Windows: fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
Mac: ./fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- To Bypass device encryption you have to format user data.
Windows: fastboot format userdata
Mac: ./fastboot format userdata
That’s all! You have rooted your POCO X2 using TWRP recovery. It can be checked by long pressing “Volume down + Power” buttons until your device boots into recovery mode.
Steps to Root POCO X2
Now that you have installed TWRP in this process we will install Root via Magisk.
As rooting will trip safety net, follow this process to root your POCO X2. This app will not only serve as your root management app to grant or deny superuser privileges to other apps, but it will also provide an interface for installing Magisk modules and help you hide your root status from Google’s SafetyNet.
Check out How To Install Magisk On Your POCO X2
If you do not know how to use Magisk on your POCO X2, then click here.
Leave a Reply