The Xiaomi Mi A3 was released on July of 2019 this one of medium-tier smartphones the Mi A3 is powered by Snapdragon 665 and Huge 6.4 inch AMOLED display and a 4030 MAH battery with fast charging enabled and Mi A3 is in the project Android One and this will receive the updates as fast as the pixels get them and was shipped with Android 9 out of the box.
So, an official TWRP build is available for the Mi A3 follow this guide to download the TWRP On Mi A3, Installing TWRP will allow you to install custom ROMs, Kernels, do Nandroid backups and restore them, and also flash Magisk to root the device.
Every major feature of the TWRP recovery work seamlessly, as listed below:
- Making Nandroid backups.
- Restoring Existing backups.
- Flashing Zips.
- Restore a bricked Android device.
- Remove all the previously existing data on an Android Device.
- Flashing Custom Firmware.
- Uphold and remove Passwords or Patterns by wiping Android.
- Mount Partitions
- Flashing Custom ROMs.
- Flashing Custom Software.
- And Many More…
With that all being said, let’s start
To ensure a successful install of TWRP, ensure to fulfill all the prerequisites properly.
- Take a complete backup of all your data, although this a safe procedure its a safe side to keep a backup of the data in any odd cases.
- In order to install TWRP, on your Mi A3 the bootloader must be unlocked, if you haven’t unlocked the bootloader yet note that Unlocking bootloader “WILL ERASE ALL THE DATA”, Including the internal storage.
- Installing TWRP on Mi A3 requires the use of fastboot so install the ADB drivers for PC or Mac
- Also, download the USB drivers for your Mi A3
- And, ensure that your battery is above 80% so that it doesn’t run out of battery in the midst of installing process.
Download Xiaomi Mi A3 TWRP Recovery
TWRP For Xiaomi Mi A3 – Download
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Mi A3
- Download the latest Mi A3 TWRP recovery image and installer zip files.
- Make a new folder and add the files and download all the files over there.
- Move the recovery image file to the folder on the PC where the ADB and Fastboot drivers are installed.
- Now power off your phone and boot it into Fastboot Mode. (Enter fastboot by pressing together “Volume down+ Power button)
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable In fast boot mode.
- Now type the below command on your command window.
- To flash the recovery, type the command. (Please make sure the file is renamed as recovery.img)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img if the command is completed you have successful installed TWRP on your device
- And reboot your device.
- Now you can make a backup of your stock ROM via TWRP. (optional)
Root Mi A3:
- Download Magisk.
- And place it in the internal memory or SD card on your device.
- Then go into recovery by pressing “Volume up+Power button” simultaneously.
- Before you root make sure you have a backup of your device.
- Then in TWRP select Install and find Magisk.zip and select the file
- Swipe to Install and flash it.
- Restart your device.
That’s it, you should have now rooted the device. Search for the Magisk logo on your app drawer to confirm.
You can also install the Root Checker app to verify the root.
This is the guide on how to install TWRP and root the device and install Magisk on Xiaomi Mi A3.