Install TWRP Recovery and Root LeEco Le S3: TWRP recovery is a custom version of stock recovery which is used to flash custom ROMs. It is highly popular and is one of the most preferred methods used while rooting or installing custom ROMs.
If you are a user of LeEco Le S3, then there is incredibly good news for you. You have the opportunity to easily root your device by installing TWRP. All that is needed is unlocking the bootloader of your device which will grant you the root access on your phone with the assistance of TWRP recovery.
The whole process is fairly simple and can be completed within 10-15 min. We have already mentioned that one of the most preferred uses of TWRP recovery is that you can use it to flash custom ROMs on your device with the help of stock recovery. So let us see How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root LeEco Le S3.
- This guide only for LeEco Le S3.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Remember to take a backup of your files before beginning to install TWRP and root your device.
- Your device must have more than battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
TWRP recovery zip for LeEco Le S3
Latest Magisk ZIP | Magisk APK
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root LeEco Le S3
Install TWRP Recovery
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download LeEco Le S3 TWRP recovery img.
- Move downloaded TWRP img file to ADB folder and rename the img file to “TWRP”.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to the ADB folder and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable
Windows: fastboot devices
Mac: ./fastboot devices
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader
Windows: adb reboot bootloader
Mac: ./adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now to flash recovery image on the device type the following command.
Windows: fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
Mac: ./fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- To Bypass device encryption you have to format user data.
Windows: fastboot format userdata
Mac: ./fastboot format userdata
That’s all! You have rooted your LeEco Le S3 using TWRP recovery. It can be checked by long pressing “Volume down + power” buttons until your device boots into recovery mode.
[box type=”note” align=”aligncenter” class=”” width=””]Also Read: Download and Install Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat on LeEco Le S3
Root LeEco Le S3 via TWRP recovery
- Download SuperSU or Latest Magisk Zip from above link and save the downloaded zip file into your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the SuperSU or Magisk zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the magisk or SuperSU zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- After flashing magisk or SuperSU, reboot your device from the main menu.
Hope you have installed TWRP Recovery and Root LeEco Le S3. Let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.
Does it work on the x626 Leeco Le s3?
Yes, It will work
Ko Min says
Is not working on le s3 x626
Ko Min says
Are working twrp.img for le s3 x626
ko min says
Does it work on the x622 Leeco Le s3?
As developer did not mention the models, You should try at your own risk.
Update: I will work. (Please read comment below)
Dr. Ann D. Roid says
It will work because x622 has the same processor and hardware with x626 model the only difference between the two is the camera which is 16MP for x622 and 21MP for x626
Thank you for Confirmation Dr. Ann D. Roid,
It will help many.
On LeEco S3 x626 DOESN’T WORK. First it doesn’t appears NEVER the team win recovery project screen, then selectind update.zip gives Failed to update! Cause: error with signature
Thank you for letting us know.
Yes it worked for my LeEco Le S3 X626. Thanks
not working on x552 runs through command prompt stuff but not working when try to reboot into recovery. still goes to eui recovery
P SHARMA says
20 DEC 2018
I HAVE LEECO S3 X626 HELIO X20 PROCESSOR. I WANT TO CONFIRM WHETHER ABOVE PROCEDURE IS mtk PROCESSOR OR qualcomm PROCESSOR?
I APPRCIATE YOUR EFFORTS FOR CLEARLY EXPLAINING THE PROCEDURE. KEEP DOING BRO. GOD BLESS YOU.