Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG K20 Plus: TWRP recovery is a custom version of stock recovery which is used to flash custom ROMs. It is highly popular and is one of the most preferred methods used while rooting or installing custom ROMs.
If you are a user of LG K20 Plus, then there is incredibly good news for you. You have the opportunity to easily root your device by installing TWRP. All that is needed is unlocking the bootloader of your device which will grant you the root access on your phone with the assistance of TWRP recovery.
The whole process is fairly simple and can be completed within 10-15 min. We have already mentioned that one of the most preferred uses of TWRP recovery is that you can use it to flash custom ROMs on your device with the help of stock recovery. So let us see How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG K20 Plus.
- This guide only for LG K20 Plus.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
How to Unlock bootloader on LG K20 Plus
- Remember to take a backup of your files before beginning to install TWRP and root your device.
- Your device must have more than battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
TWRP recovery zip for LG K20 Plus (Unofficial)
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG K20 Plus
Install TWRP Recovery
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download LG K20 Plus TWRP recovery .img.
- Move downloaded TWRP file to ADB folder (In C: Drive) and rename the file to “TWRP”.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to the ADB folder (In C: Drive) and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on the “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now to flash recovery image on the device type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
That’s all! You have installed TWRP Recovery on your LG K20 Plus. It can be checked by long pressing “Volume down + Power” buttons until your device boots into recovery mode.
Root LG K20 Plus
So, we hope that you have understood How to install TWRP Recovery and have also learned to root the LG K20 Plus. Let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.