LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max [HYDROGEN/HELIUM]: As we all know LineageOS is live now and CyanogenMod is officially shut down, and according to their official blog, it will be replaced by LineageOS. There will be no CyanogenMod ROM support for any device in the future, so Cm14.1, i.e., CyanogenMod 14/14.1 was the last CyanogenMod ROM. Therefore, here comes the LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max.
The Senior members of XDA nijel8 developed the LineageOS 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi Max. LineageOS 14.1 ROM is based on Android Nougat. This ROM includes some new Android Nougat features with stability improvements and bug fixes. LineageOS 14.1 brings the new look with improved battery performance and many eye-catching features.
Follow the below systematic guide to install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max. To flash LineageOS 14.1, you need TWRP custom recovery installed on your device. As this an unofficial ROM, it may contain bugs and may not be usable as the daily driver. Follow the guide below to install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max.
- Follow the steps correctly, and at your own risk, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any problem or damage of your device.
- LineageOS 14.1 flash process will erase all data from the device, take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure your device has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Dedicated builds for both Hydrogen and Helium.
– HYDROGEN: lineage-14.1-20171028-UNOFFICIAL-hydrogen.zip
Note: Do refer XDA links for more details and features
Steps to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max [HYDROGEN/HELIUM]
- Download LineageOS 14.1 and GApps for Xiaomi Mi Max and Transfer both files to your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Backup your device via nandroid backup (Follow the guide in the link below)
- Follow the below guide to install LineageOS 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi Max.
- After Flashing the ROM, flash the GApps
Comment down your feedback on LineageOS.