LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 4X
In this article, we will guide you on how to install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 4X. This is one of the best custom ROMs for Redmi 4X. Thanks to Dreamstar XDA senior developer for LineageOS 15.1 builds for Redmi 4X.
Xiaomi released Redmi 4X in 2017 September, with 5.0 inches 720 x 1280 pixels display. This device is loaded with Snapdragon 435 chipset, Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU, Adreno 505 GPU with 3GB of RAM. This device is packed with 13 MP primary camera, 5 MP front-facing camera with Non-removable Li-Ion 4100 mAh battery.
As we all know LineageOS is live now and CyanogenMod is officially shut down, and according to their official blog, it will be replaced by LineageOS. There will be no CyanogenMod ROM support for any device in the future, so Cm14.1, i.e., CyanogenMod 14/14.1 was the last CyanogenMod ROM. Therefore, here comes the LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 4X. Redmi 4X custom ROM
The Senior member of XDA Dreamstar developed the LineageOS 15.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 4X. LineageOS 15.1 ROM is based on Android Nougat. This ROM includes some new Android 8.1 Oreo features with stability improvements and bug fixes. LineageOS 15.1 brings the new look with improved battery performance and many eye-catching features.
Follow the below systematic guide to install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 4X. To flash LineageOS 15.1, you need TWRP custom recovery installed on your device. As this an unofficial ROM, it may contain bugs and may not be usable as the daily driver. Follow the guide below to install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 4X.
- Follow the steps correctly, and at your own risk, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any problem or damage of your device.
- LineageOS 15.1 flash process will erase all data from the device, take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure your device has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Note: Do refer XDA links for more details and features
Steps to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 4X
- Download LineageOS 15.1 and GApps for Xiaomi Redmi 4X and Transfer both files to your device.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Backup your device via nandroid backup (Follow the guide in the link below).
- Follow the below guide to install LineageOS 15.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 4X.
- After Flashing the ROM, flash the GApps.
Comment down your feedback on LineageOS.