Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Redmi 2
What is ROM and custom ROM?
ROM stands for read-only-memory. A custom ROM will change the Android operating system with a new firmware. Most of the people flash a custom ROM on their device for better performance, better battery life, different features, more stable and faster ROM and to remove the bloatware stock applications put on the operating system by Xiaomi.
For flashing a custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 2 your device must have been installed a custom recovery. In this post, we’ll tell you all the steps in easy words. Below you can find the download links of Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Redmi 2with XDA developer page. Read and proceed carefully:
- Follow the steps correctly, and at your own risk, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any problem or damage of your device.
- Custom ROM flash process will erase all data from the device, take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure your device has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
|Custom ROM||Download||Source & Credit|
|AospExtended ROM for Redmi 2||NA||XDA|
|Resurrection Remix for Redmi 2||NA||XDA|
|[ROM][7.1.1][WT88047] CyanogenMod 14.1||NA||XDA|
|[ROM][XOSP-MM][UNOFFICIAL][WT88047]||Link Not Working||XDA|
|[TEMASEK][CM13][UNOFFICIAL][MM]||Link Not Working||XDA|
|DIRTY UNICORNS for REDMI 2||Download||XDA|
|AOKP for Redmi-2/WT88047||Download||XDA|
Note: Do refer XDA links for more details and features
Steps to Install Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Redmi 2
- Download Custom ROM and GApps for Xiaomi Redmi 2 and Transfer both files to your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Backup your device via nandroid backup (Follow the guide in the link below)
- Follow the below guide to install Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Redmi 2
- After Flashing the ROM, flash the GApps
Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Redmi 2.