OxygenOS Open Beta 5 OTA based on Android 10 update is now rolling out for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. The company has confirmed the update through the official OnePlus forum.
Further, the update is said to be bringing the 2020 February security patch along with some tweaks in the UI, such as the removal of the white bar below the stock keyboard while tying.
Till now, no OnePlus phone was supporting Jio VoWifi calling, which is a popular Wi-Fi calling service provided by Reliance Jio carrier. But now, with this update, OnePlus is officially supporting VoWifi for Jio sim.
Earlier in January, the two devices received Open Beta 4 update with the December security patch. The Open Beta 5 will be combining both the January and February security patches. The size of this Open Beta 5 update is 340 MB.
Like all of the past Open Beta updates, OxygenOS Open Beta 5 will be rolling out for those who have already enrolled.
Changelog Of OnePlus 6, 6T Open Beta 5
– Fixed and removed white bar below the keyboard
– Fixed the issue with app crashes during installing and updating
– Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
– Updated Android security patch to 2020.02
Network (India Only)
– Integrated the VoWifi registration for the Jio Sim
– Optimized the one-handed mode experience in the Phone app
– Fixed the issue with the duplication of contacts
Zen Mode V1.5.0
– Improved OnePlus Account login for synchronization of badges and user’s data
Work-Life Balance (India Only)
– Optimized message notification
– Optimized the mode and app selection
– Added location, calendar, auto-track feature
Message (India Only)
– Fixed issue with message categorization
– Fixed issue with transaction messages showing wrong entity values
– Improved brand name and logo identification of the sender
Earlier, there were many issues found on the OxygenOS Open Beta 4 update for OnePlus 6 and One Plus 6T. I hope this update would have fixed all those issues and no further issues appear on this.