Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 5: Google has officially introduced the latest version of Android which is Android 8.0 Oreo. Android 8.0 will be initially available on Google pixel and Nexus devices. Google also said that they are working to make Android 8.0 Oreo available for Motorola, Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, Nokia, Huawei and Check your Device Here. Google also added by saying that Android 8.0 Oreo will be Smarter, faster and most powerful than ever.Android 8.0 will be following the release date of Android Nougat in last summer.Android Oreo comes with quicker Boot (Twice as faster than previous one) and apps will launch faster as well.There are also some Preloaded apps in android Oreo which helps in making efficient use of resources like Memory, CPU and data usage which ultimately helps in increasing the battery life.
When everyone is eagerly waiting for Android 8.0 Oreo to hit their device, XDA senior member tank0412 silently developed Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM for Asus Zenfone 5. Yeah, what you are reading is right now you can experience Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 5 before any other. You can taste all new features of Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 5. Follow the below step by step guide to download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 5.
- This guide is only for Asus Zenfone 5.
- Back your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
What is working: Wi-Fi What is NOT working: Bluetooth Audio Media RIL
Steps to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 5
- First Unlock your device bootloader and Install TWRP Recovery.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo (AOSP) ROM for Asus Zenfone 5 and Gapps from above link
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the Android 8.0 Oreo (AOSP) zip file which you have saved in your device.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Now, Go back to TWRP main menu and repeat the same process to install GApps
- After flashing Android 8.0 Oreo (AOSP) and Gapps, reboot your Asus Zenfone 5 from the main menu.
Android Oreo comes with various features which are discussed above.This time Google has done the fabulous job by working on small things to make it more simpler and easy.