List of Custom ROMs for OnePlus 5
Custom ROMs on OnePlus 5: OnePlus 5 is the new flagship killer from OnePlus. OnePlus 5 is now available on the market in two variants 6/8GB RAM, 64/128GB storage. OnePlus 5 works with Android 7.1.1 Nougat enclosed under the umbrella of company’s own product OxygenOS. Similar to stock Android, OxygenOS facilitates the android occurrence with greater enhancements. But installing custom ROM you can unlock the new possibilities and personalize your device as you like.
What is ROM and custom ROM?
ROM stands for read-only-memory. A custom ROM will change the Android operating system with a new firmware. Most of the people flash a custom ROM on their device for better performance, better battery life, different features, more stable and faster ROM and to remove the bloatware stock applications put on the operating system by OnePlus.
For flashing a custom ROM on OnePlus 5 your device must have been installed a custom recovery. In this post, we’ll tell you all the steps in easy words. Below you can find the download links of Custom ROMs on OnePlus 5 with XDA developer page. Read and proceed carefully:
- Follow the steps correctly, and at your own risk, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any problem or damage of your device.
- Custom ROM flash process will erase all data from the device, take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure your device has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shut down in-between the process.
Before proceeding further into Installation Process, First make sure that you have unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery How to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5 How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 5
Note: Do refer XDA links for more details and features
Note: Many of the ROMs dont have GApps installed, So download them saparately and Install via TWRP recovery
Steps to Install Custom ROMs on OnePlus 5
- First, Install TWRP on your OnePlus 5
- Download and Save Custom OS file zip file in your internal storage.
- Now turn off your device and reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + power button. With this, the recovery mode will be initiated.
- Wipe down the phone data but mind the internal memory.
- Go back to the main menu and click on select install button and browse the Custom ROM zip file from the drop down option.
- Wait till the installation gets complete.
- Once the installation process gets completed
- (Only for some ROMs) Go back to the main menu and click Install, select GApps, Swipe to install.
- reboot your device from the main menu.
- And it’s done!
Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on Custom ROMs on OnePlus 5.