Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 5: OnePlus 5 is the new flagship killer from OnePlus. OnePlus is now available in the market with 6/8GB RAM, 64/128GB storage. TWRP recovery is a custom version of stock recovery which is used to flash custom ROMs. It is highly popular and is one of the most preferred methods used while rooting or installing custom ROMs.
If you are a user of OnePlus 5, then there is incredibly good news for you. You have the opportunity to easily root your device by installing TWRP. All that is needed is unlocking the bootloader of your device which will grant you the root access on your phone with the assistance of TWRP recovery.
The whole process is fairly simple and can be completed within 10-15 min. We have already mentioned that one of the most preferred uses of TWRP recovery is that you can use it to flash custom ROMs on your device with the help of stock recovery. So let us see How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 5.
- This guide only for OnePlus 5.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Remember to take a backup of your files before beginning to install TWRP and root your device.
- Your device must have more than 50% battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 5
Install TWRP Recovery
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download OnePlus 5 TWRP recovery ZIP.
- Move downloaded TWRP ZIP file to ADB folder and rename the zip file to “TWRP”.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to the folder you created in Step 3 and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now to flash recovery image on the device type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- Pressing “Volume down + power” buttons until your device boots into recovery mode or Execute the below command to boot in recovery mode.
fastboot boot recovery.img
Root OnePlus 5 via TWRP recovery
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and Latest Magisk or SuperSU zip from above link and save the downloaded zip files to your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- After flashing no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip, Repeat the same process for Latest Magisk or SuperSU zip file.
Hope you have installed TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 5. Let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.