The Mi 9 Pro was released on September of 2019 this is the model which was released after the 9T series which had the powerful Snapdragon 855 but the Mi 9 Pro which was released in September which has the Snapdragon 855+ SOC and this phone is shipped with MIUI 11 which is based on Android 10 and this Custom ROM which the LineageOS 17 which is based on Android 10.
So, an unofficial build is available for the Mi 9 Pro is now available through this guide You can download the TWRP On Mi 9 Pro, Installing TWRP will allow you to install custom ROMs, Kernels, do Nandroid backups and restore them, and also flash magisk to root the device.
Although it has been more than 9 months since the release there has been no official build of TWRP available for this device But thanks to XDA member an unofficial build of TWRP is available for the Mi 9 Pro.
Every major feature of the TWRP recovery work seamlessly, as listed below:
- Making Nandroid backups.
- Restoring Existing backups.
- Flashing Zips.
- Restore a bricked Android device.
- Remove all the previously existing data on an Android Device.
- Flashing Custom Firmware.
- Uphold and remove Passwords or Patterns by wiping Android.
- Mount Partitions.
- Flashing Custom ROMs.
- Flashing Custom Software.
- And Many More…
With that all being said, let’s start.
To ensure a successful install of TWRP, ensure to fulfill all the prerequisites properly.
- Take a complete backup of all your data, although this a safe procedure its a safe side to keep a backup of the data in any odd cases.
- To install TWRP, on your Mi 9 Pro the bootloader must be unlocked, if you haven’t unlocked the bootloader yet note that Unlocking bootloader “WILL ERASE ALL THE DATA”, Including the internal storage.
- Installing TWRP on Mi 9 Pro requires the use of fastboot so install the ADB drivers for PC Or Mac.
- Also, download the USB drivers for your Mi 9 Pro
- And, ensure that your battery is above 80% so that it doesn’t run out of battery in the midst of installing process.
Download Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro TWRP Recovery (Cepheus)
Although we try our best to update the links and keep them posted, we encourage you to always check the XDA thread for the latest updates available.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 9 Pro
- Download the latest Mi 9 Pro TWRP recovery image and installer zip files.
- Make a new folder and add the files and download all the files over there.
- Move the recovery image file to the folder on the PC where the ADB and Fastboot drivers are installed.
- Now power off your phone and boot it into Fastboot Mode. (Enter fastboot by pressing together “Volume down+ Power button”)
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable In fast boot mode.
- Now type the below command on your command window.
- To flash the recovery, type the command. (Please make sure the file is renamed as recovery.img)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img if the command is completed you have successful installled TWRP on your device
- And reboot your device.
- Now you can make a backup of your stock ROM via TWRP. (optional)
Root Mi 9 Pro:
- Download Magisk.
- And place it in the internal memory or SD card on your device.
- Then go into recovery by pressing the “Volume up+Power button” simultaneously.
- Before you root make sure you have a backup of your device
- Then in TWRP select Install and find Magisk.zip and select the file
- Swipe to Install and flash it.
- Restart your device.
That’s it, you should have now rooted the device. Search for the Magisk logo on your app drawer to confirm.
You can also install the Root Checker app to verify the root.
This is the guide on how to install TWRP and root the device and install magisk on Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro.