Xposed Android modding tool might not be a trendy one, but still it pretty good one to use. If you don’t know about the Xposed Framework, we have some information for you here.
What is Xposed?
Xposed is a framework, which will allow users to apply add-ons (called Modules) to the ROM easily. Instead of flashing a new ROM to get a specific feature on your device, you can use it to add that unique feature to whatever ROM you are currently using, or to even just the stock ROM.
Xposed does not work correctly on all the Android versions and every device. The Android Nougat created some problems for this module, but those issues have been mostly ironed out. These modules work better on stock Android and can sometimes these modules do not work as intended on Samsung devices.
How To Install Xposed?
There are two methods to install Xposed on your device:
- An Android device with a version 5.0 or above
Now follow the steps below to install Xposed by the first method:
- Download the Xposed APK file.
- Install it just like all the apps that you usually would do.
- Now, open the app, and in the menu, go to the Framework section.
- Tap on the Install or Update button and select the Install option.
- Grant the root access to the Xposed Installer
- The app will install the framework and reboot.
In method 2, we use Magisk to install Xposed on to your device.
The steps to install Xposed through Magisk include:
- Download the latest Xposed Installer for Magisk.
- Open the Magisk Manager app and find Xposed in the Download section
- Find the SDK for your Android version
- Install the Xposed module from here
- Reboot to activate it.
How to Use Xposed?
As mentioned earlier, Xposed is a core that will allow the installation of add-ons on your device called “modules.” It is the core functionality of this, and it is very easy to use. What you need is the Xposed Installer app that you should already have installed on your device.
- Open the Xposed Installer application on your device.
- Now, open the menu and navigate to the Download section.
- You can browse a wide range of modules here.
- Select the module which you wanted to install.
- Swipe over to the version tab and click on Download on the version you wanted
- Then again open the menu and go to Modules
- Activate the module that you just downloaded and then reboot.
Some modules also will have the apps, which allow you to customize things and tweak settings. Other modules will just apply the tweak with no new stuff. You can remove modules by heading to the Modules section and disable them and further reboot. We have also provided you with the best Xposed Modules to download.