In this article, we will guide you on how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Essential PH-1. Follow the below step by step guide to install TWRP Recovery and Root Essential PH-1.
TWRP recovery is a custom version of stock recovery which is used to flash custom ROMs. It is highly popular and is one of the most preferred methods used while rooting or installing custom ROMs.
We are using Magisk for this process to maintain the integrity of the safety net. Magisk is a seamless root alternative, which makes the rooting easier and does not compromise the android integrity, such as losing access to Android Pay and Netflix.
- This guide only for Essential PH-1.
- Unlock Bootloader of Essential PH-1
How To Unlock Bootloader of Essential PH-1
- Remember to take a backup of your files before beginning to install TWRP and root your device.
- Your device must have more than 60% battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Essential PH-1
Install TWRP Recovery
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download Essential PH-1 TWRP recovery .img.
- Move downloaded TWRP file to ADB folder (In C: Drive) and rename the file to “TWRP”.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to the ADB folder (In C: Drive) and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on the “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now to flash recovery image on the device type the following command.
fastboot flash boot twrp.img
- On Bootloader screen, tap the Volume buttons a few times until ‘Recovery mode’ appears. Then, select it using the Power button. (Essential Phone will enter TWRP recovery mode.)
- Connect your Essential Phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ -> ‘ADB Sideload’ in TWRP Recovery and swipe the sideload button.
- Sideload the TWRP installer zip using the command below:
adb sideload twrp.zip
The file will then be sideloaded and flashed on the Essential PH-1.
- Finally, reboot your device using the command below:
That’s all! You have installed TWRP Recovery on your Essential PH-1. It can be checked by long pressing “Volume down + Power” buttons until your device boots into recovery mode.
Root Essential PH-1
So, we hope that you have understood How to install TWRP Recovery and have also learned to Root the Essential PH-1. Let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.