In this article, we will guide you on how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 6X. Follow the below step by step guide to install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 6X.
TWRP recovery is a custom version of stock recovery which is used to flash custom ROMs. It is highly popular and is one of the most preferred methods used while rooting or installing custom ROMs.
We are using Magisk for this process to maintain the integrity of the safety net. Magisk is a seamless root alternative, which makes the rooting easier and does not compromise the android integrity, such as losing access to Android Pay and Netflix.
- This guide only for Honor 6X.
- Unlock Bootloader of Honor 6X
How To Unlock Bootloader of Honor 6X
- Remember to take a backup of your files before beginning to install TWRP and root your device.
- Your device must have more than 60% battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
ADB and Fastboot Drivers for Windows | Mac
TWRP Recovery zip for Honor 6X
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Honor 6X
Install TWRP Recovery
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download Honor 6X TWRP recovery .img.
- Move downloaded TWRP file to ADB folder (In C: Drive) and rename the file to “TWRP”.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to the ADB folder (In C: Drive) and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on the “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader.
Windows: adb reboot bootloader
Mac: ./adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now to flash recovery image on the device type the following command.
Windows: fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
Mac: ./fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- To Bypass device encryption you have to format user data.
Windows: fastboot format userdata
Mac: ./fastboot format userdata
That’s all! You have installed TWRP Recovery on your Honor 6X. It can be checked by long pressing “Volume down + Power” buttons until your device boots into recovery mode.
Root Honor 6X
Follow this guide to Root Honor 6X with Magisk
So, we hope that you have understood How to install TWRP Recovery and have also learned to Root the Honor 6X. Let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.
Leave a Reply