The Realme 2 Pro came out on 2018 of September and this was a huge upgrade from the Realme 1 with the inclusion of the most awaited fingerprint sensor on the Realme devices and came with Snapdragon Processors and the Realme 2 Pro with Snapdragon 660 which was in direct competition with the Redmi Note series with a gradient and dual cameras on its back with the new ColorOS 6 on top of Android 9.0 Pie, this article will show you how to install Root and TWRP on the Realme.
So, an official build is available for the Realme 2 Pro is now available through this guide You can download the TWRP On Realme Installing TWRP will allow you to install custom ROMs, Kernels, do Nandroid backups and restore them, and also flash Magisk to root the device. But thanks to XDA member an unofficial build of TWRP is available for Realme 2 Pro.
Every major feature of the TWRP recovery work seamlessly, as listed below:
- Making Nandroid backups.
- Restoring Existing backups.
- Flashing Zips.
- Restore a bricked Android device.
- Remove all the previously existing data on an Android Device.
- Flashing Custom Firmware.
- Uphold and remove Passwords or Patterns by wiping Android.
- Mount Partitions
- Flashing Custom ROMs.
- Flashing Custom Software.
- And Many More…
With that all being said, let’s start
To ensure a successful install of TWRP, ensure to fulfill all the prerequisites properly.
- Take a complete backup of all your data, although this a safe procedure its a safe side to keep a backup of the data in any odd cases.
- In order to install TWRP, on your Realme 2 Pro the bootloader must be unlocked, if you haven’t unlocked the bootloader yet note that Unlocking bootloader “WILL ERASE ALL THE DATA”, Including the internal storage.
- Installing TWRP on Realme requires the use of fastboot so install the ADB drivers for PC and Mac.
- Also, download the USB drivers for your Realme.
- And, ensure that your battery is above 80% so that it doesn’t run out of battery in the midst of installing process.
Download Realme 2 Pro TWRP Recovery.
Although we try our best to update the links and keep them posted, we encourage you to always check the XDA thread for the latest updates available.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 2 Pro
- Download the latest Realme 2 Pro TWRP recovery image and installer zip files.
- Download ADB Drivers for your PC or MAC
- Make a new folder and add the files and download all the files over there
- Move the recovery image file to the folder on the PC where the ADB and Fastboot drivers are installed.
- Now power off your phone and boot it into Fastboot Mode (Enter fastboot by pressing together “Volume down+ Power button)
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable In fast boot mode
- Now type the below command on your command window
- To flash the recovery, type the command (Please make sure the file is renamed as recovery.img)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img if the command is completed you have successful installled TWRP on your device
- And reboot your device
- Now you can make a backup of your stock ROM via TWRP. (optional)
Root Realme 2 Pro:
- Download Magisk
- And place it in the internal memory or SD card on your device
- Then go into recovery by pressing “Volume up+Power button” simultaneously
- Before you root make sure you have a backup of your device
- Then in TWRP select Install and find Magisk.zip and select the file.
- Swipe to Install and flash it.
- Restart your device
That’s it, you should have now rooted the device. Search for the Magisk logo on your app drawer to confirm.
You can also install the Root Checker app to verify root
This is the guide on how to install TWRP and root the device and install Magisk on Realme 2 Pro.