LineageOS 15.0 GApps: LineageOS is a custom Android ROM. As its name suggests Lineage OS is here carry forward the legacy left behind by the popularly used Android ROM- CyanogenMod. Lineage OS has its base and foundation upon the last update of CyanogenMod. Lineage OS has been successful so far and has become the most popular ROM of 2017 considering most of the Android Phones. The unique features of it are the prime reason for it being a massive hit.
Android 8.0 Oreo is currently available only for Google Nexus and Pixel Phone users. Developers do require time to roll out the Android O update for all the other android phones. LineageOS 15.0 lets the users of the Android phone enjoy and experience Android 8.0 Oreo until it is made available on air. Besides, LineageOS 15.0 comes with additional functionalities that make it unique. Check this guide to install LineageOS 15 on Android.
A user who intends to use Lineage OS has to make a little effort as the this Custom ANdroid ROM does not come with pre-installed GApps. GApps is basically set of Google apps that come pre-installed on any Android device. These apps include Gmail, Google+, Google Drive, Google Market/Playstore, Google Docs, Google Earth, Google Music, Google Search, Youtube, and etc. These apps are important as it is these apps that make any Android phone complete. Follow the below step by step guide to Install LineageOS 15.0 GApps.
- Backup your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
- ARM devices:
- ARM64 devices:
Steps to Install LineageOS 15.0 GApps
- Download Gapps from above link and save the downloaded zip file into your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the Gapps zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the Gapps zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- After flashing Gapps, reboot your device from the main menu.