LineageOS 15.1 on Sony Xperia Z2 (Sirius) [Android 8.1 Oreo]
In this article, we will guide you how to install LineageOS 15.1 on Sony Xperia Z2. This is one of the best custom ROMs for Sony Xperia Z2. Thanks to opendata XDA senior developer for LineageOS 15.1 builds for Sony Xperia Z2.
Sony Xperia Z2 is the budget-friendly smartphones. Sony Xperia Z2 is packed with a 5.2-inch Gorilla Glass Scratch Resistant display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels at 424 PPI and 3GB of RAM with Snapdragon 801 chipset and Non-removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery.
As we all know LineageOS is live now and CyanogenMod is officially shutdown, and according to their official blog, it will be replaced by LineageOS. There will be no CyanogenMod ROM support for any device in future, so Cm14.1, i.e., CyanogenMod 14/14.1 was the last CyanogenMod ROM. Therefore, here comes the LineageOS 15.1 on Sony Xperia Z2. Sony Xperia Z2 custom ROM
The Senior member of XDA opendata developed the LineageOS 15.1 for Sony Xperia Z2. LineageOS 15.1 ROM is based on Android Nougat. This ROM includes some new Android 8.1 Oreo features with stability improvements and bug fixes. LineageOS 15.1 brings the new look with improved battery performance and many eye-catching features.
Follow the below systematic guide to install LineageOS 15.1 on Sony Xperia Z2. To flash LineageOS 15.1, you need TWRP custom recovery installed on your device. As this an unofficial ROM, it may contain bugs and may not be usable as the daily driver. Follow the guide below to install LineageOS 15.1 on Sony Xperia Z2.
- Follow the steps correctly, and at your own risk, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any problem or damage of your device.
- LineageOS 15.1 flash process will erase all data from the device, take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure your device has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Note: Do refer XDA links for more details and features
Steps to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Sony Xperia Z2 | Android 8.1 Oreo
- Download LineageOS 15.1 and GApps for Sony Xperia Z2 and Transfer both files to your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Backup your device via nandroid backup (Follow the guide in the link below)
- Follow the below guide to install LineageOS 15.1 for Sony Xperia Z2.
- (Optional) For D6502 user flash Baseband Patch using TWRP Recovery.
- After Flashing the ROM, flash the GApps
Comment down your feedback on LineageOS 15.1 on Sony Xperia Z2. (Android 8.1 Oreo)