MIUI 12 closed beta update released by Xiaomi in China for selected beta testers. The company has also teased a system-wide dark mode via its Weibo account. However, we are already aware of this from the accidental leak from the company.
Xiaomi users are eagerly waiting to experience the update on their devices. If you want to know whether your device gets this latest update, then check out the list of devices eligible for MIUI 12. You can also download the MIUI 12 Eligibility test app to find if your phone receives the update.
There is also a changelog available for you to check out what exactly comes with MIUI 12. A closed beta version 20.4.21 has been released to selected beta testers in China. However, reports surfaced online that the internal beta update will go live in this month itself. The company would unveil the beta update on April 27, and the recruitment for beta testing will start from April 29, 2020.
MIUI 12 Changelog
- Brand new system animation and full-screen gestures
- Brand new system UI and desktop themes
- The portal’s significant change
- Dolby sound (Project has been established, not sure whether it will be installed in the first version)
- Xiaomi compiler. (The credibility is unknown, it is said that it was passed from Kuan)
- New camera
- More powerful dark mode.
- New notification interface.
- Advertising service optimization.
- New multitasking interface(Official is still studying, may not be available early)
- AI real-time subtitles.
- Brand new health.
- High refresh rate screen optimization and 15.5G intelligent optimization
- Turn off the screen to display the theme market.
We found a screenshot shared on Weibo about receiving of MIUI 12 update. About 60 beta testers reportedly received this beta update.
But there is no official information from the company apart from MIUI 12 joining the MIUI community. There were many doubts about the legitimacy of the upgrade, but the below tweet would clarify your doubts.
Here is the translation in English. pic.twitter.com/Ce2Pwm2Tug
— Suron Jo™ (@sajan4632) April 21, 2020
However, this beta testing program, either internal or public, is limited only to China.
We have other exciting news for you that TUV Rheinland company from Germany has also cleared a new MIUI version for release, also confirms the imminent arrival of the software.