If you want to use your Android device to its full potential, then TWRP is the best choice. In this article, we will guide you on How to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 7T.
Every year Oneplus is coming out with new devices, and this makes it harder to send out updates soon. But the OnePlus guarantee did not go away. The company is sending out the updates pretty fast to devices because of TWRP and rooting. We can download new ROMs, etc.
We are using Magisk for this process to maintain the integrity of the safety net. Magisk is a seamless root alternative, which makes the rooting easier and does not compromise the android integrity, such as losing access to Android Pay and Netflix.
OnePlus has consistently made the fastest phones on the market. The OnePlus 7T is a 6.55″ device with a 1080×2400 pixels resolution display. The Snapdragon 855+ chipset is paired with 8 GB of RAM and 128/256GB of storage. The primary camera is 48 MP, and the selfie camera is 16MP. The battery has a 3800mAh capacity with Warp charging capabilities.
- Unlocked bootloader.
- A minimum battery of 80% and above
- Download & Update OnePlus 7T Drivers From Here.
- Download & Update Fastboot and ADB Binaries/Drivers from Windows | Mac.
Download Unofficial TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 7T – Download
- TWRP boots
- Fastboot boot is working
- Decryption is working (except for Oxygen OS)
- The system, Vendor and Product partitions mount is not working but it’s not a big problem
- You can flash ROMs
- Format Data is broken
- You can flash Magisk
Installing the TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7T:
Now that you have an unlocked bootloader, we can now install a custom bootloader TWRP
For easier installation of TWRP Recovery and rooting your OnePlus 7T.
- Set a lock for your OnePlus 7T.
Move downloaded TWRP.img file to the ADB (In C: Drive) folder and rename the zip file to “TWRP.img”.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to the folder you created in Step 3 and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on the“Open command window here.
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Boot your device into the “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now to flash recovery image on the device type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery_a twrpname.img fastboot flash recovery_b twrpname.img
To Bypass device encryption you have to format user data.
fastboot format userdata
- Pressing “Volume down + Power” buttons until your device boots into recovery mode or Execute the below command to boot in recovery mode.
fastboot boot twrpname.img
Installing Root on your OnePlus 7T
Now that you have installed TWRP in this process we will install Root via Magisk.
As rooting will trip safety net, follow this process to root your OnePlus 7T. This app will not only serve as your root management app to grant or deny superuser privileges to other apps, but it will also provide an interface for installing Magisk modules and help you hide your root status from Google’s SafetyNet.
Check out How To Install Magisk On Your OnePlus 7T
If you do not know how to use Magisk on your OnePlus 7T, then click here.
Anders Lilja says
Why do I have to rename the TWRP.img:
“Move downloaded TWRP img file to the ADB (In C: Drive) folder and rename the zip file to “TWRP.imp”.”
It must be and .img for to flash it. Correct?
Best regards Anders
Teja Pagidimarri says
Yes, it must end with .img
How can i flash magisk? if i format userdata to avoid encryption i don’t have magisk on my phone
by the other hand after first boot of twrp it does not work any more and i have to restore stock recovery once again.
I cant get twrp working