If you want to use your Android device to its full potential, then TWRP is the best choice. In this article, we will guide you on How to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 7T Pro.
Every year Oneplus is coming out with new devices, and this makes it harder to send out updates soon. But the OnePlus guarantee did not go away. The company is sending out the updates pretty fast to devices because of TWRP and rooting. We can download new ROMs, etc.
We are using Magisk for this process to maintain the integrity of the safety net. Magisk is a seamless root alternative, which makes the rooting easier and does not compromise the android integrity, such as losing access to Android Pay and Netflix.
OnePlus has consistently made the fastest phones on the market. The OnePlus 7T Pro is a 6.67″ device with a 1440×3120 pixels resolution display. The Snapdragon 855+ chipset is paired with 8 / 12 GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. The primary camera is 48 MP, and the selfie camera is 16MP. The battery has a 4085 mAh capacity with Warp charging capabilities.
- Unlocked bootloader.
- A minimum battery of 80% and above
- Download & Update OnePlus 7T Pro Drivers From Here.
- Download & Install Fastboot and ADB Binaries/Drivers from Windows | Mac.
Installing the TWRP Recovery:
Now that you have an unlocked bootloader, we can now install a custom bootloader TWRP
For easier installation of custom ROMs and rooting your OnePlus 7T Pro.
- Set a lock for your OnePlus 7T Pro.
- Move downloaded TWRP img file to the ADB (In C: Drive) folder and rename the zip file to “TWRP.imp”.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to the folder you created in Step 3 and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on the“Open command window here.
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Boot your device into the “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now to flash recovery image on the device type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
To Bypass device encryption you have to format user data.
fastboot format userdata
- Pressing “Volume down + Power” buttons until your device boots into recovery mode or Execute the below command to boot in recovery mode.
fastboot boot twrp.img
Installing Root on your OnePlus 7T Pro
Now that you have installed TWRP in this process we will install Root via Magisk.
As rooting will trip safety net, follow this process to root your OnePlus 7T Pro. This app will not only serve as your root management app to grant or deny superuser privileges to other apps, but it will also provide an interface for installing Magisk modules and help you hide your root status from Google’s SafetyNet.
If you do not know how to use Magisk on your OnePlus 7T Pro, then click here.