OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T: After the huge hit of OnePlus 5, the new OnePlus 5T is another flagship-class smartphone by OnePlus, it is released just 5 months after OnePlus 5. OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T pretty much same in terms of specifications and most same price points. The main reason for the quick launch of this device is competitors have been quick to the adopt 18:9 screens in all their 2017 models and OnePlus would have left behind.
Looking at the OnePlus 5T it has 6.01-inch AMOLED screen at 1080×2160 resolutions pixel density of 401 PPI. The device runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat powered by an Octa-core 2.45 GHz processor with 8GB of RAM. We can call battery is One of the biggest upgrades in OnePlus 5T which is now 3,400mAh as compared to OnePlus 5’s 3,000mAh.
Despite the OnePlus 5T has a 1080p display, the five new wallpapers are available in 4K resolution, with the 1080 x 2160 versions. The default wallpaper is not much different from earlier ones. While the other four wallpapers are slightly different. Mainly, the stock wallpapers are high quality specially created for your Smartphone and change regularly or frequently to keep the phone as you like.
This update is packed with all new features and Bug fixes. This update is rolling out via OTA (Over the AIR). This update is rolled out in phase manner. It may take few weeks to reach every corner of the world. If you want to taste the update early, then follow the below guide to install OxygenOS 4.7.2 for OnePlus 5T.
Benefits of Stock ROM:
There are quite a lot of benefits of stock ROM. However here we have listed some of the top benefits of stock ROM:
There are quite a lot of smartphone manufacturers who consider rooting as a threat to their warranty terms and conditions. Just in case if your smartphone manufacturer to cancels warranty for rooted device. Then it is advisable to stay with the stock ROM, as it does not void the warranty.
There are quite a lot of developers who injects harmful malware and adware to the custom ROMs. This type of malware may not harm your device but it can steal your private information. Or you may see unwanted ads. With stock ROM you basically do not face such issues.
Unsupported Custom ROM:
There is one common issue that most of the custom ROM users face is the lagging issue. The lagging issue happens because of incompatible software. As a result, the device keeps lagging. Data often gets disabled and so many other issues.
OxygenOS 4.7.2 Features and Changelog :–
- Optimizations for fingerprint unlock
- Optimizations for face unlock
- Improved accuracy of screen off gestures
- Improved EIS during 4K video recording
- Wi-Fi WPA2 security patch (Krack vulnerability patch)
- General stability improvements and bug fixes
- This guide is only for OnePlus 5T.
- Back your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to Install OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T
For Non-Rooted Devices
1. Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from Phone Settings –> Developer Options. (To enable Developer Settings –> Go to About phone in settings and tap 7 times on the Build Number)
2. Download the Zip from above.
3. Copy the Downloaded files to the folder where ADB installed.
4. Restart the OnePlus 5T into recovery mode. (To do that First Switch off your phone, Now press and hold volume down button + power button.)
5. In recovery menu, choose “Install from USB,” tap on OK to confirm. You will see “You are in sideload mode” screen will be displayed.
6. Connect your OnePlus 5T to PC and Press Shift + Right click and in the select open the command window in adb folder.
“adb sideload <filename>”
“/adb sideload <filename>"
7. Wait until the installation process completes and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS.
1. Download OxygenOS 4.7.2 zip file from above link
2. Save it on your phone internal memory.
3. Restart the OnePlus 5T into recovery mode. (To do that First Switch off your phone, Now press and hold volume down button + power button until you see the stock recovery.)
4. Select ‘Apply Update’ and click on ‘Choose from Internal Storage.’
5. Now select OTA ZIP file. (Which you have Downloaded and saved in step 1,2)
6. Now, wait until installation process completes and then reboot your device.
7. Now your OnePlus 5T will reboot into latest OxygenOS.
- Download OxygenOS 4.7.2 zip file and save it to your internal phone storage.
- Now Go to Settings –> System Updates –> Settings Icon –> Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File.
- Click on upgrade now when the system prompts.
- OnePlus 5T will reboot into Stock Recovery and Start installing the update.
For Rooted Users
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T.
- Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T.
- Backup your device via nandroid backup (Follow the guide in the link below)
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the OxygenOS ROM zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After selecting the OxygenOS zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Now, Go back to TWRP main menu and reboot your Device.
Hope this article is helpful for you. Let us know your feedback on OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T in the comment section below.