Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi A1 on Oreo
TWRP recovery is a custom version of stock recovery which is used to flash custom ROMs. It is highly popular and is one of the most preferred methods used while rooting or installing custom ROMs.
If you are a user of Xiaomi Mi A1, then there is incredibly good news for you. You have the opportunity to easily root your device by installing TWRP. All that is needed is unlocking the bootloader of your device which will grant you the root access on your phone with the assistance of TWRP recovery.
The whole process is fairly simple and can be completed within 10-15 min. We have already mentioned that one of the most preferred uses of TWRP recovery is that you can use it to flash custom ROMs on your device with the help of stock recovery. So let us see How to Install Root Xiaomi Mi A1 on Oreo.
- This guide only for Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Remember to take a backup of your files before beginning to install TWRP and root your device.
- Your device must have more than battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi A1 on Oero
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- First, Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to ADB folder (In C: Drive) and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
└ Check your device’s screen, if it asks permission for “Allow USB debugging”, accept it by selecting OK or Yes.
- Execute the following command to confirm your device is connected. If your device is successfully connected it will return device serial number. If not, then check your drivers are installed or not
Windows: fastboot devices
Mac: ./fastboot devices
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader or you can press and hold volume down+power buttons to boot into fastboot mode.
Windows: adb reboot bootloader
Mac: ./adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now check the Android 8.0 slot by executing the following line in terminal
Windows: fastboot getvar current-slotl
Mac: ./fastboot getvar current-slot
- If ur slot shows slot_a then execute the following command
Windows: fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
Mac: ./fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
If ur slot shows slot_b then execute the following command
Windows: fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Mac: ./fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Now execute the following command to reboot your device.
Windows: fastboot reboot
Mac: ./fastboot reboot
- Now install latest Magisk on your device
Hope you have installed Rooted Mi A1 on Oreo. Let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.