Unlock bootloader on Honor 7X
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on your device. This code initiates some hardware and the kernel and ramdisk and gets the boot procedure going. So this procedure is known as Bootloader. A similar method applies to all the Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such gadget. Each Android OEM producers bolt the bootloader despite the fact that it is an Open Source. So, you cannot install any custom ROM without unlocking the bootloader. So the smartphone manufacturer created a policy that Unlocked Bootloader device will void the warranty. They need you to stay with the Stock ROM.
Many users like to customise their phone to make it more interesting. Almost all the Honor 7X come with bootloader locked, so if you want to install any custom ROM or custom recovery you need to Unlock bootloader on Honor 7X.
If you consider the fact that this device is relatively new, you can get the idea of how much time will be needed by the developers to craft new ROMs for this device. However, you can still unlock your device and then try to root it. Unlocking the bootloader of your device is the first step towards successfully rooting a device. It allows you to customise the functions, debloat the device and gain more control of your device. Unlock bootloader on Honor 7X.
Also Read: Top 8 useful Android app shortcuts
Note: Download and Install ADB drivers
Steps to Unlock bootloader on Honor 7X
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Install the ADB and Fastboot drivers from above download section
- Now go to this page to create Honor id.
- Once you have created Honor id, go to this page and fill details.
- For Product identification code dial *#*#1357946#*#* for IMEI number dial *#06#.
- Now go to the ADB folder (usually in C:\) and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Execute the following command to confirm your device is connected. If your device is successfully connected it will return device serial number. If not, then check your drivers are installed or not.
- Now execute the following command to unlock bootoader.
fastboot oem unlock unlock key
Note: Replace the “key” with the key you received. For Example “fastboot oem unlock 22753096308520″
- Now your Honor 7X bootloader is unlocked. Execute the following command to reboot your device.
Hope you have successfully Unlock bootloader on Honor 7X. If you face any problems let us know in the comment section below.