Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z2 and Z2 Plus
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on your device. This code initiates some hardware and the kernel and ramdisk and gets the boot procedure going. So this procedure is known as Bootloader. A similar method applies to all the Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such gadget. Each Android OEM producers bolt the bootloader despite the fact that it is an Open Source. So, you cannot install any custom ROM without unlocking the bootloader. So the smartphone manufacturer created a policy that Unlocked Bootloader device will void the warranty. They need you to stay with the Stock ROM.
Many users like to customise their phone to make it more interesting. Almost all the LG devices come with bootloader locked, so if you want to install any custom ROM or custom recovery you need to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z2 and Z2 Plus.
If you consider the fact that this device is relatively new, you can get the idea of how much time will be needed by the developers to craft new ROMs for this device. However, you can still unlock your device and then try to root it. Unlocking the bootloader of your device is the first step towards successfully rooting a device. It allows you to customise the functions, unbrick the device and gain more control of your device. Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z2 and Z2 Plus.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Unlocking Bootloader may wipe your data. Better take a full backup.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
ADB and Fastboot Drivers for Windows | Mac
Download Android USB Drivers for Windows and Mac
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z2 and Z2 Plus
- Download and Install ADB drivers on your PC.
- In your device, Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- In PC, Open the ADB folder in C: Drive
- In ADB Folder, press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command
Windows: adb reboot bootloader
Mac: ./adb reboot bootloader
- Execute the following command to unlock the bootloader.
Windows: fastboot oem unlock
Mac: ./fastboot oem unlock
- Done. You device bootloader is unlocked.
[box type=”info” align=”aligncenter” class=”” width=””]Now: Install TWRP Recovery and Root Lenovo ZUK Z2 and Z2 Plus
Hope this article is helpful. Comment down below if you have any doubts.
Leave a Reply