The Redmi Note 7 Pro came out on 2019 of March, and this was the first Xiaomi Device with the Sony’s 48 MP camera on any Android device, The Xiaomi also made the Redmi Note 7 with a glass sandwich design and a gradient back and was powered by Snapdragon 675 and was shipped with MIUI 10 on top of Android 9.0 Pie out of the box, this article will show you how to Root and Install TWRP on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro.
The official build of TWRP is available for the Redmi Note 7 Pro, through this guide you can download TWRP on Note 7 Pro Installing TWRP will allow you to install custom ROMs, Kernels, do Nandroid backups and restore them, and also flash magisk to root the device.
Advantages of TWRP:
- Making Nandroid backups.
- Restoring Existing backups.
- Flashing Zips.
- Restore a bricked Android device.
- Remove all the previously existing data on an Android Device.
- Flashing Custom Firmware.
- Uphold and remove Passwords or Patterns by wiping Android.
- Mount Partitions
- Flashing Custom ROMs.
- Flashing Custom Software.
- And Many More…
To ensure a successful install of TWRP, ensure to fulfill all the prerequisites properly.
- Make sure your battery is charged above 80%.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers on the PC or Mac.
- Download latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on the PC
- Download and save TWRP it to the Extracted folder of ADB – Fastboot drivers.
- Unlocked Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- A proper backup of your Redmi Note 7 Pro
How to Install TWRP on Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Enable the Debugging Mode, and OEM unlock on your device. Both options can be found in the Developer Options.
- Now, connect your device with PC via USB cable.
- Extract ADB and Fastboot drivers in a folder on the PC.
- Then, Open the cmd or pressing press Shift key + Right-Clicking in the same folder or press F5+right-click.
- Then boot your device into fastboot mode by “pressing Volume down+power button” simultaneously.
- Then in the command prompt type the command as given below
- To flash the recovery, type the command (Please make sure the file is renamed as recovery.img)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After the successful flashing, reboot the device using the following command
Now you have successfully flashed TWRP onto Redmi Note 7 Pro
What are the advantages of root?
Flash a Custom ROM
Flash a Custom Kernel
Block Ads in Any App
Boost Your Phone’s Speed and Battery Life
Root Redmi Note 7 Pro
Make Sure to download the Magisk.zip and Disable Encryption patch and move them to the phone’s internal storage or SD card on your device
- Then go into recovery by pressing “Volume up+Power button” simultaneously
- Before you root make sure you have a backup of your device
- Now, Select “Install” from the TWRP and browse for the Magisk.zip file. Tap on it to select it.
- Now “Swipe to confirm and flash.”
- And also flash “no-verity-force-encrypt.zip.”
That’s it; you should have now rooted the device. Search for the Magisk logo on your app drawer to confirm; You can also install the Root Checker app to verify root.
A simple guide, and we hope that you have successfully rooted your Redmi Note 7 Pro.