The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 is the mid-tier offering from Xiaomi the Redmi 8 came out on 2019 of September and has a gradient design and quad-camera set up on its back, the Redmi Note 8 is powered by Snapdragon 665 SOC and was shipped with MIUI 11 on top of Android 10, This article will show you how to install Root and TWRP on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8.
So, an official build is available for the Redmi Note 8 is now available through this guide You can download the TWRP On Redmi Note 8 Installing TWRP will allow you to install custom ROMs, Kernels, do Nandroid backups and restore them, and also flash Magisk to root the device. But thanks to XDA member an unofficial build of TWRP is available for the Redmi Note 8.
Every major feature of the TWRP recovery work seamlessly, as listed below:
- Making Nandroid backups.
- Restoring Existing backups.
- Flashing Zips.
- Restore a bricked Android device.
- Remove all the previously existing data on an Android Device.
- Flashing Custom Firmware.
- Uphold and remove Passwords or Patterns by wiping Android.
- Mount Partitions
- Flashing Custom ROMs.
- Flashing Custom Software.
- And Many More…
With that all being said, let’s start
To ensure a successful install of TWRP, ensure to fulfill all the prerequisites properly.
- Take a complete backup of all your data, although this a safe procedure its a safe side to keep a backup of the data in any odd cases.
- To install TWRP, on your Redmi Note 8 the bootloader must be unlocked, if you haven’t unlocked the bootloader yet note that Unlocking bootloader “WILL ERASE ALL THE DATA”, Including the internal storage.
- Installing TWRP on Redmi Note 8 requires the use of fastboot so install the ADB drivers for PC or Mac.
- Also, download the USB drivers for your Redmi Note 8.
- And, ensure that your battery is above 80% so that it doesn’t run out of battery in the midst of installing process.
Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 TWRP Recovery
Although we try our best to update the links and keep them posted, we encourage you to always check the XDA thread for the latest updates available.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 8
- Download the latest Redmi Note 8 TWRP recovery image and installer zip files.
- Make a new folder and add the files and download all the files over there.
- Move the recovery image file to the folder on the PC where the ADB and Fastboot drivers are installed.
- Now power off your phone and boot it into Fastboot Mode (Enter fastboot by pressing together “Volume down+ Power button)
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable In fast boot mode.
- Now type the below command on your command window.
- To flash the recovery, type the command (Please make sure the file is renamed as recovery.img).
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img if the command is completed you have successful installled TWRP on your device
- And reboot your device.
- Now you can make a backup of your stock ROM via TWRP. (optional)
Root Redmi Note 8:
- Download Magisk.
- And place it in the internal memory or SD card on your device.
- Then go into recovery by pressing “Volume up+Power button” simultaneously.
- Before you root make sure you have a backup of your device.
- Then in TWRP select Install and find Magisk.zip and select the file.
- Swipe to Install and flash it.
- Restart your device.
That’s it, you should have now rooted the device. Search for the Magisk logo on your app drawer to confirm.
You can also install the Root Checker app to verify root
This is the guide on how to install TWRP and root the device and install Magisk on Redmi Note 8.