Install TWRP Recovery and Root Nexus 5: TWRP recovery is a custom version of stock recovery which is used to flash custom ROMs. It is highly popular and is one of the most preferred methods used while rooting or installing custom ROMs.
If you are a user of Nexus 5, then there is incredibly good news for you. You have the opportunity to easily root your device by installing TWRP. All that is needed is unlocking the bootloader of your device which will grant you the root access on your phone with the assistance of TWRP recovery.
The whole process is fairly simple and can be completed within 10-15 min. We have already mentioned that one of the most preferred uses of TWRP recovery is that you can use it to flash custom ROMs on your device with the help of stock recovery. So let us see How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Nexus 5.
- This guide only for Nexus 5.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Remember to take a backup of your files before beginning to install TWRP and root your device.
- Your device must have more than battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Nexus 5
Install TWRP Recovery
- First Unlock Bootloader of Nexus 5
- Download and Install ADB drivers.
- Now, download Nexus 5 TWRP recovery .img.
- Move downloaded TWRP file to ADB folder (In C: Drive) and rename the file to “TWRP”.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device after enabling ‘Developer Options’ by going to ‘About phone’ and tapping build number 7 times.
- Go to ADB folder (In C: Drive) and then press “Shift + Right mouse key” and tap on “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and give the following command reboot bootloader,
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will start booting in fastboot mode. Now to flash recovery image on the device type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
To Bypass device encryption you have to format user data.
fastboot format userdata
That’s all! You have rooted your Asus zenfone 5 using TWRP recovery. It can be checked by long pressing “Volume down + Power” buttons until your device boots into recovery mode.
Root Nexus 5 via TWRP recovery
Hope you have installed TWRP Recovery and Root Nexus 5. Let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.