The Xiaomi Redmi 8A is the cheapest offering from Xiaomi they also have Redmi Go from Android GO but this is wholly from Xiaomi and Xiaomi went all on the design new gradient design and a waterdrop notch and many more, The Xiaomi Redmi 8A which came ou on 2019 of September and is Powered by Snapdragon 439 and is shipped with MIUI 11 on top of Android 9 Pie and this article will show you how to install Root and TWRP on the Xiaomi Redmi 8A
So, an Unofficial build is available for the Redmi 8A is now available through this guide You can download the TWRP On Redmi 8A Installing TWRP will allow you to install custom ROMs, Kernels, do Nandroid backups and restore them, and also flash Magisk to root the device. But thanks to XDA member an unofficial build of TWRP is available for the Redmi 8A.
Every major feature of the TWRP recovery work seamlessly, as listed below:
- Making Nandroid backups.
- Restoring Existing backups.
- Flashing Zips.
- Restore a bricked Android device.
- Remove all the previously existing data on an Android Device.
- Flashing Custom Firmware.
- Uphold and remove Passwords or Patterns by wiping Android.
- Mount Partitions
- Flashing Custom ROMs.
- Flashing Custom Software.
- And Many More…
With that all being said, let’s start
To ensure a successful install of TWRP, ensure to fulfill all the prerequisites properly.
- Take a complete backup of all your data, although this a safe procedure its a safe side to keep a backup of the data in any odd cases.
- In order to install TWRP, on your Redmi 8A the bootloader must be unlocked, if you haven’t unlocked the bootloader yet note that Unlocking bootloader “WILL ERASE ALL THE DATA”, Including the internal storage.
- Installing TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi 8A requires the use of fastboot so install the ADB drivers on PC and Mac.
- Also, download the USB drivers for your Redmi 8A.
- And, ensure that your battery is above 80% so that it doesn’t run out of battery in the midst of installing process.
Download Xiaomi Redmi 8A TWRP Recovery
Although we try our best to update the links and keep them posted, we encourage you to always check the XDA thread for the latest updates available.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 8A
- Download the latest Redmi 8A TWRP recovery image and installer zip files.
- Make a new folder and add the files and download all the files over there
- Move the recovery image file to the folder on the PC where the ADB and Fastboot drivers are installed.
- Now power off your phone and boot it into Fastboot Mode (Enter fastboot by pressing together “Volume down+ Power button)
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable In fast boot mode
- Now type the below command on your command window
- To flash the recovery, type the command (Please make sure the file is renamed as recovery.img)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img if the command is completed you have successful installled TWRP on your device
- And reboot your device
- Now you can make a backup of your stock ROM via TWRP. (optional)
Root Redmi 8A:
- Download Magisk
- Then download No_verity_OPT_encrypt.zip
- And place it in the internal memory or SD card on your device
- Then go into recovery by pressing “Volume up+Power button” simultaneously
- Before you root make sure you have a backup of your device
- Then in TWRP select Install and find Magisk.zip and select the file
- Swipe to Install and flash it.
- Then select the No_verity_OPT_encrypt.zip
- Swipe to Install and flash it.
- Restart your device
That’s it, you should have now rooted the device. Search for the Magisk logo on your app drawer to confirm.
You can also install the Root Checker app to verify root
This is the guide on how to install TWRP and root the device and install Magisk on Xiaomi Redmi 8A.