Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Sony Xperia X: Google has officially introduced the latest version of Android which is Android 8.0 Oreo. Android 8.0 will be initially available on Google pixel and Nexus devices. Google also said that they are working to make Android 8.0 Oreo available for Motorola, Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, Nokia, Huawei and Check your Device Here. Google also added by saying that Android 8.0 Oreo will be Smarter, faster and most powerful than ever.Android 8.0 will be following the release date of Android Nougat in last summer. Android Oreo comes with quicker Boot (Twice as faster than previous one) and apps will launch faster as well.There are also some Preloaded apps in android Oreo which helps in making efficient use of resources like Memory, CPU and data usage which ultimately helps in increasing the battery life.
Sony Xperia X receives Android 8.0 Oreo based on AOSP ROM. This Android 8.0 Oreo build for Sony Xperia X and is a decent daily driver. This ASOP Android 8.0 Oreo is built based on newly released Google Android Source Code. Flashing AOSP ROM you can experience fast, Smooth and Stable device. AOSP ROM is packed with all latest Android 8.0 Oreo features with performance, stability improvements. Thanks to XDA Recognized Developer lubik1 for developing this ROM. Follow the below step by step guide to Install AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo on Sony Xperia X.
- This guide is only for Sony X Compact.
- Back your device data.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia X
- Follow this guide carefully, or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to install Android 8.0 Oreo on Sony Xperia X [AOSP]
- Download AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Sony X Compact from downloads section above.
- Download and Install ADB Drivers
- Reboot into Bootloader Mode
- Turn Off your device
- Press and hold Power + Volume Down together at same time.
- OR go to ADB folder and execute the below command
- Open the command prompt in ADB folder by press and holding “Shift + Right mouse click” then click on ‘Open command window here’.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now Extract the download AOSP Oreo ROM into ADB folder and execute the following commands in Command prompt.
fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_O_MR0_4.4_v02_loire.img
(SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_O_MR0_4.4_v02_loire.i mg need to be on a same directory with running shell or ADB)
- Flash Gapps, SuperSU
Not working for now:
- Call speaker
- Camera 20mp and 8mp
- maybe more
Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on Android 8.0 Oreo on Sony Xperia X [AOSP].