Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Sony Xperia X: Google has officially introduced the latest version of Android which is Android 8.0 Oreo. Android 8.0 will be initially available on Google Pixel and Nexus devices. Google also said that they are working to make Android 8.0 Oreo available for Motorola, Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, Nokia, Huawei and Check your Device Here. Google also added by saying that Android 8.0 Oreo will be Smarter, faster and most powerful than ever. Android 8.0 will be following the release date of Android Nougat in last summer. Android Oreo comes with quicker Boot (Twice as faster than the previous one) and apps will launch faster as well. There are also some Preloaded apps in android Oreo which helps in making efficient use of resources like Memory, CPU and data usage which ultimately helps in increasing battery life.
Sony Xperia X receives Android 8.0 Oreo-based on AOSP ROM. This Android 8.0 Oreo build for Sony Xperia X and is a decent daily driver. This ASOP Android 8.0 Oreo is built based on the newly released Google Android Source Code. Flashing AOSP ROM you can experience fast, Smooth and Stable devices. AOSP ROM is packed with all the latest Android 8.0 Oreo features with performance, stability improvements. Thanks to XDA Recognized Developer lubik1 for developing this ROM. Follow the below step by step guide to Install AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo on Sony Xperia X.
- This guide is only for Sony X Compact.
- Back your device data.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
How to Unlock bootloader on Sony Xperia X
- Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia X
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia X
- Follow this guide carefully, or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
Steps to install Android 8.0 Oreo on Sony Xperia X [AOSP]
- Download AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Sony X Compact from the download section above.
- Download and Install ADB Drivers
- Reboot into Bootloader Mode
- Turn Off your device
- Press and hold Power + Volume Down together at the same time.
- OR go to ADB folder and execute the below command
- Open the command prompt in the ADB folder by pressing and holding “Shift + Right mouse click” then click on the ‘Open command window here’.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now Extract the download AOSP Oreo ROM into the ADB folder and execute the following commands in Command prompt.
fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_O_MR0_4.4_v02_loire.img
(SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_O_MR0_4.4_v02_loire.i mg need to be on the same directory with running shell or ADB)
- Flash Gapps, SuperSU
Not working for now:
- Call speaker
- Camera 20mp and 8mp
- maybe more
Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on Android 8.0 Oreo on Sony Xperia X [AOSP].