LineageOS 15 on Xiaomi Mi 6: LineageOS is a custom Android ROM. As its name suggests LineageOS is here carry forward the legacy left behind by the popularly used Android ROM- CyanogenMod. LineageOS has its base and foundation upon the last update of CyanogenMod. LineageOS has been successful so far and has become the most popular ROM of 2017 considering most of the Android Phones. The unique features of it are the prime reason for it being a massive hit.
LineageOS started mainly due to the shutdown of CyanogenMod. CyanogenMod is a community-run open-source ROM. It managed and distributed by Cyanogen Inc. It worked towards solving issues related to carrier bloat and garbage skins from manufacturers. However, certain issues and differences among the management within CyanogenMod Inc have to lead to the cessation of the services of CyanogenMod.
Most of the members who worked on the CyanogenMod announced that they will be working on creating a new fork of CyanogenMod called LineageOS. Thereafter, LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016. The team working on LineageOS is currently engaged in bringing on air LineageOS 15 based on Android 8.0 Oreo, for all the Android users.
Android 8.0 Oreo is currently available only for Google Nexus and Pixel Phone users. Developers do require time to roll out the Android Oreo update for all the other android phones. LineageOS 15 lets the users of the Android phone enjoy and experience Android 8.0 Oreo until it is made available on air. Besides, LineageOS 15 comes with additional functionalities that make it unique. Check the below guide to install LineageOS 15 on Xiaomi Mi 6.
- Backup your device data.
- Follow this guide carefully or else it may lead to brick your device.
- Maintain at least 50-60% of charging to prevent accidental shutdown.
- Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 6.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6
What’s working :
- Video Playback
What’s not working :
- Camera (Flashlight works)
- SELinux is permissive
- At first boot after flash this LineageOS 15 ROM, dt2w may not work, Device should be reboot.
- The current version requires Chinese dev firmware version: 7.8.31 or newer, older version may have some issues.
Steps to install LineageOS 15 on Xiaomi Mi 6
- Download LineageOS 15 ROM and LineageOS 15 GApps for Xiaomi Mi 6 and Transfer both files to your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Backup your device via nandroid backup (Follow the guide in the link below)
- Follow the below guide to install LineageOS 15 on Xiaomi Mi 6
- After Flashing the ROM, flash the GApps
Also Read: List Of Best Custom ROMs For Xiaomi Mi 6
LineageOS 15 as a whole thereby, is a complete package and even more. It provides the users to enjoy the features of Android 8.0 Oreo. The best part is, it has additional features besides the ones similar to that of Android 8.0 Oreo. So, install and enjoy the LineageOS 15 on Xiaomi Mi 6.