Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Mi 6: Xiaomi Mi 6 is the budget friendly smartphone with a sleek design, powerful specifications which perform like the top tier Android smartphone. Xiaomi Mi 6 is packed with a 5.15-inch Gorilla Glass Scratch Resistant display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels at 428 PPI and 6GB of RAM with Snapdragon 835 chipset and Non-removable Li-Ion 3350 mAh battery.
Update FEB 2018: crDroid [Android 8.1] added
What is ROM and custom ROM?
ROM stands for read-only-memory. A custom ROM will change the Android operating system with a new firmware. Most of the people flash a custom ROM on their device for better performance, better battery life, different features, more stable and faster ROM and to remove the bloatware stock applications put on the operating system by Xiaomi.
For flashing a custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6 your device must have been installed a custom recovery. In this post, we’ll tell you all the steps in easy words. Below you can find the download links of Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Mi 6 with XDA developer page. Read and proceed carefully:
- Follow the steps correctly, and at your own risk, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any problem or damage of your device.
- Custom ROM flash process will erase all data from the device, take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Make sure your device has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Note: Do refer XDA links for more details and features
Steps to Install Custom ROMs on Xiaomi Mi 6
- Download Custom ROM and GApps for Xiaomi Mi 6 and Transfer both files to your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Backup your device via nandroid backup (Follow the guide in the link below)
- Follow the below guide to install Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Mi 6
- After Flashing the ROM, flash the GApps