Do you want to download Redmi K20, K20 Pro, Poco X2 MIUI 12 Chinese ROM on to your Indian variants? Check out this article to find how you can make Redmi K20, K20 Pro, Poco X2 MIUI 12 Chinese ROM Compatible With Indian Variants.
Xiaomi officially announced MIUI 12 on the launch event of Mi 10 Youth Edition, and the first batch of Xiaomi devices receives a stable update in June 2020. According to the reports, the update will be released to the Xiaomi devices in three batches. The MIUI 12 Chinese ROM closed beta update is live now in China from Aril 22, 2020.
MIUI 12 brings a lot of features when compared to MIUI 11. A system-wide dark mode 2.0 can be seen in MIUI 12 along with a dynamic Always-on Display feature that would support more than 1000 custom animated AOD styles.
How To Make MIUI 12 Chinese ROM Compatible With Indian Variants
Some of the Indian variants are almost similar to that of the Chinese variants, but there will be different codes names. Some of those devices are Redmi K20, whose codename is davinci in China has it as davinciin in India, and similarly for Redmi K20 Pro codename for Chinese variant is raphael whereas that of Indian varinat is raphaelin. Also, Poco X2, a rebrand of Redmi K30, has phoneix codename in China and phoenixin in India.
We can observe that all the codenames have been added with “in,” so if you add “in” to the codename, MIUI 12 build would be compatible with Indian variants.
Follow the steps below to change the codename
- Download the MIUI 12 Chinese ROM for your device on your computer.
- If you don’t have WinRAR installed on your device, install it.
- Now, right-click on the MIUI 12 ROM and choose “Extract to miui_.”
- Open the extracted folder and then go to META-INF -> com -> google -> android.
- Right-click on the updater-script and open it with notepad.
- Then, add “in” to the codename.
- Now, tap on the file option and then save and close it.
- After that, go to the parent folder and select all the files and folders. Now, right-click on the selection and click on add to the archive.
- When it opens, choose the Zip option and click on ok.
- Now, in the same parent folder, you will be able to see a ZIP file created.
- That is the updated MIUI 12 ROM for Indian variants, and you can transfer it to your device.
If you do not know how to install MIUI 12 ROM on your device, then check below.
How to Install MIUI 12 ROM
Follow the below provided guides to install MIUI 12 ROM On Xiaomi devices.